The Political Coordinator is based in Washington, DC metro-area and is responsible for aspects of the Union’s political work in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
• Mobilizing, training, educating, and developing new member leaders and activists for legislative and electoral activity;
• Planning and coordinating political field activities, lobby visits, phone banking and events for our public policy campaigns at the school district, city, county, state and federal level;
• Planning and supervising an electoral program for local, state and federal elections;
• Driving political activity around specific re-zoning and economic development fights;
• Supporting contract and organizing campaigns, including rallies, press events and targeted owner activity;
• Building the Union’s capacity through grassroots political fundraising drives;
• Working with the State Political Director and the Policy Department to develop and implement a statewide public policy and political agenda throughout the region;
• Overseeing and carrying out regional activity for federal legislative campaigns;
• Coordinating the Union’s work with local labor and community allies, including the SEIU International and State Council programs.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
Posted By: Elynor Moss
Thursday, March 16th 2017 at 2:02PM
You can also
here to view all posts by this author...