Lead team to drive business performance through acquisition, coaching, business development and retention of customer relationships. Manage the sales culture through all levels to meet and exceed established sales and revenue goals (ultimate supervision for the sale and servicing of investment and insurance products lies within HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.). Accountable for overall operational and servicing activities of the branch in conjunction with Branch Service personnel. Personally contributes to overall branch growth, performance and business development. This role, operating in a highly competitive, complex, regulatory, global environment, will lead the branches through the transformational journey in the US.
Ensure the effective implementation of a Wealth Management-led Premium Bank strategy to drive and grow profitable Premier, Advance and Business Banking relationships while continuing to support and enhance our retail client base. This will be achieved through the consistent sale and servicing of financial service products within the branch. Accountable for the implementation of face-to-face delivery of the RBWM plan, including overall structure, sales goals, profitability, performance and leads/sales prospect management.
A retail bank branch may be one standalone branch or a main branch with a smaller satellite branch.
Refer investment opportunities to Advisors pursuant to appropriate FINRA registrations under HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. ("HSI").
Refer insurance opportunities to Advisors pursuant to contracted insurance carriers appointed by HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. ("HIA").
Refer mortgage products to other specialized product areas, such as Consumer Mortgage, as required.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Support and drive business development activities and source new high value premium and business customers (time allocation to direct sales varies depending on branch size/newness).
- Expand market/opportunity beyond individual branch footprint, utilization of technology and local ‘Right to Win’ opportunities.
- Ensure branch meets and exceeds established sales and revenue goals through robust activity management, while keeping expenses minimized. Manage branch profitability.
- Ensure consistency of the merchandising and overall appearance and delivery of branch services for assigned branch. Ensure operational integrity, expense control and minimized errors and losses (direct accountability lies with Branch Service).
Customers / Stakeholders
- Be a champion for the HSBC brand in market served.
- Promote the Group's global brand; promote the bank's profile in the community and drive others to do the same. Drive the HSBC customer recommendation.
- Represent the Company on community organizations and activities to enhance the Company's image and promote and develop additional business through the development and expansion of referral sources. Refer to the HNAH Code of Ethics policy and Wealth Management Staff Dealing policy including Outside Business Activity (OBAs) to ensure that above community and outside activities do not present an actual or potential conflict of interest and do not have an adverse impact with respect to job responsibilities at HSBC. HSI Supervisor and Compliance should be consulted in addition to review of Code of Ethics policy and Wealth Management policy for Outside Business Activity.
- Ensure holistic conversations with current and prospective consumer and commercial customers around their financial needs and aspirations.
- Role as broker-dealer Registered Representative
- Assist in coaching and mentoring of other Series 6 and Insurance qualified sales representatives, including encouraging customer engagement, needs based client reviews, and other client engagement related activities, consistent with the level of licensing and for the purposes of referrals to the appropriate brokerage staff. Brokerage business and supervisory structure of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., as determined by its senior management. Ultimate supervision for the sale and servicing of investment and insurance products lies within HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.).
- Identify cross-sell opportunities, including opportunities to refer customers to other sales representatives of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. through proper customer profiling and needs-based selling.
- Conducts needs assessment with current and potential Company customers and recommend appropriate investment and insurance products to meet individual needs, based on objectives, risk tolerance and proper asset allocations.
- Sell appropriate core financial service products and refer investment and insurance products to appropriate brokerage staff, to meet customer needs while developing and expanding account relationships; this excludes the sales of Consumer Mortgage Products. Refer them to other specialized product areas such as Consumer Mortgage, as required.
- Comply with Company Nondeposit Investment Product policies and procedures, including the requirements of the Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products. Unless otherwise assigned on an individual basis in writing, role does not include management and supervision of investment and insurance activities and sales, which lies within the brokerage business and supervisory structure of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., as determined by its senior management.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Contribute, manage and coach personnel to drive sales results, contribute to achievement of the operating plan and transform the Company to a leading financial service provider. Maximize the effectiveness of the defined distribution network.
- Lead, drive and contribute to branch activities to achieve maximum growth and profitability targets for the sale of financial services across all segments ensuring full utilization of the customer management system. Ensure activities are consistent across segments within the branch and provision of superior customer service. Ensure adherence to established customer interaction standards for every transaction.
- Lead, participate and coach sales and service initiatives to increase the Company’s market share and deepen relationships across all current and potential traditional and non-traditional delivery channels.
- Establish and develop a community presence through the implementation of call programs and active participation in industry associations and community organizations, including appropriate level of employee participation.
- Ensure employee engagement throughout and across entire branch team.
- Ensure collaboration with all business partners to engage holistically and ensure team based approach to providing needs based financial solutions to customers.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The Company seeks to grow its RBWM business through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service, and advice on products and services appropriate to client needs to enhance that value.
- Transforming to RBWM and a segmented offering-giving of customers with more complex needs a higher value in return.
- Focusing of most efficient and effective channel to deliver reductions in cost and increase in sales efficiency.
- Ensuring the sales plan is delivered with the integrity and reputational objectives of the Company.
- Challenging and complex regulatory environment.
- Leveraging multiple delivery channels, creating value and competitive advantage within cluster of branches managed and in partnership with colleagues in RBWM to offer a truly differentiated service proposition.
Leveraging multiple delivery channels, creating value and competitive advantage within cluster of branches managed and in partnership with colleagues in RBWM to offer a truly differentiated service proposition.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ensure fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything that we do, both personally, and as an organization through consistently displaying the behaviors required to support HSBC principles and values.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The incumbent will ensure 100% adherence to completion of HSBC mandatory training and any required compliance and risk-related training courses.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of seven years proven and progressive branch banking and/or commercial lending experience or equivalent, including a minimum of four years proven and progressive management experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience; Master’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Series 6, 63, Life and Health Insurance Licenses required. On an exception basis a sixty day contingency may be granted solely at management's discretion (this period is full-time study, with no client contact). Licenses are required to coach licensed sales professionals related to client engagement and discovery of client needs. When needs are discovered, referral of all investment and insurance opportunities with both potential and existing customers are referred to Advisors (supervision is from HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.).
- Very strong sales management, managerial, marketing, sales, planning, financial, leadership, motivational, coaching, sales, project management, cross selling, mathematical, decision making, analytical and communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the credit approval process, pertinent regulations impacting consumer and commercial banking activities and delivery systems and channels, including market potential.
- Understanding of the unique markets serviced.
- Thorough understanding of the customer service concept and its importance in developing, maintaining and expanding account relationships.
- Ability to provide robust activity management principles, through strong coaching, leadership and sales management skills to drive daily sales activity.
- Ability to develop personal and business new Bank customers.