Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jersey City, NJ
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Military, Quality Control, Research & Development
Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring Testing Specialist|
Perform periodic testing reviews of the approved compliance control framework as directed by Compliance Monitoring and Testing (CMAT) management. Ensures compliance with internal and external policies and procedures and with laws and regulations applicable to HNAH’s banking activities in the U.S. Focuses on control activities (e.g., first line of defense compliance monitoring functions) within and across the four main business lines (e.g., GBM, CMB, PB, RBWM), and in related support activities (e.g. IT, MIS, Operations).
Impact on the Business
- Maintain current knowledge of business processes and compliance requirements, as well as pertinent internal and external regulatory changes.
- Independently perform testing as directed by management by reviewing and analyzing the control environment.
- Identify control gaps and weaknesses resulting from assigned testing through in-depth analysis of the control environment. Provide recommendations to close gaps.
- Provide recommendations to better align the Function/Business to the Strong Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) framework in assisting the second line of defense testing function.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Interacts effectively with internal stakeholders to assist CMAT in executing its methodology and by applying required knowledge and skills.
- Assists the team in all aspects of the review/project and contributes to its success.
- Questions existing processes with the intent to make them more efficient/effective.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works effectively and independently in a team setting to assist in the execution of all aspects of the review or assignments and contributes to their overall success.
- Maintains appropriate focus on individual self-development while working with management to help identify developmental training and career path objectives.
- Communicates openly, honestly, and with transparency ensuring commitment to HSBC values and principles.
- Takes personal accountability for decisions, actions and work product.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Discharges the role position accountabilities by pro-actively assisting the team and management in identifying and containing compliance risk and fostering a compliance culture.
- Executes testing and fieldwork using CMAT methodology in accordance with established procedures to perform, analyze, document, and report results of all assigned reviews.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Required to maintain current knowledge of the dynamic and changing compliance and regulatory environments
- Some travel maybe required.
- Depending on role, certifications may be required (e.g.: CAMS, CCRP, CISA, CIA, etc.).
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ensure compliance risk control standards and maintained including timely implementation
- Adheres to HNAH’s Statement of Business Principles and Code of Ethics.
Observation of Internal Controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards including departmental standards.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
- Minimum of one to three years proven financial services, audit, risk, operations, and/or compliance experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- Knowledge of assigned business, products, operations, systems and organization with an understanding of the regulatory compliance environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Proficiency with personal computers, mainframe systems and software packages.