Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||White Plains, NY
|| Administrative and Support Services, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Quality Control, Environmental, Natural Resources
Environmental Site Assessment Director|
Provides quality control of reports written by others, manages staff, coordinates technical staff activities and manages client accounts to achieve the company's strategic business objectives. Key project delivery focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews reports written by others to ensure it meets company and client protocols and accurately describes the asset.
- Interacts regularly with client(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved. Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipates and responds to the client's needs and concerns.
- Manages and leads project management staff in the market and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to staff assigned to projects.
- Manage large portfolios of projects.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
- May act as subject manager expert in area of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Typically manages managers; work group under management typically >15
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's of Science degree in environmental science, geology, engineering or Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist with 3 years relevant experience or 10 years of environmental related experienced.
- For NEPA, Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or above in archeology, historic architecture, architecture history, biology, wetlands science, GIS or related degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of related progressive environmental experience.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position with direct report responsibilities preferred.
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local environmental requirements.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSESEnvironmental Professional or for NEPA, meet the Secretary of Interior's Guidelines for Historic Preservation or Professional Certification in Wetland Science
FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGERequires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to non-technical clients.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company. Page 3
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive issues.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. The position requires simultaneously managing electronic deliverables for several ongoing assignments.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITYDecisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business