Administrative Assistant II, Gateway to College High School (170110)|
Polk State College is located in beautiful Central Florida between the metropolitan areas of Tampa and Orlando. It boasts a relaxed lifestyle with affordable housing. Polk County is noted to be one of most affordable place to live in the United States by the National Home Builders Association. With campuses in Lakeland and Winter Haven and centers in Bartow, Lake Wales and Lakeland, Polk State College serves over 20,000 students. We seek diverse faculty and staff with a student-centered focus to support our service excellence mission and our world class vision. Employees at Polk State College enjoy excellent employee benefits, a unique workplace environment, and the opportunity to contribute to the services and traditions that make Polk State great. For additional information on the opportunity, please refer to the Job ad, as well as the Salary Schedule located under “Employment Related Documents” on our “Careers” page.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This administrative support position reports to the Principal of Lakeland Collegiate High School and is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the success of the both the school and our students. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position provides administrative and clerical support to the Principal and a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to the entire organizational unit. The work is generally diversified requiring judgment to apply broader aspects of established policies, practices and procedures.
- Assists in the daily operation of a busy office by answering phones, processing correspondence, assisting students, faculty and staff, filing and processing incoming and providing general office administrative support. Assists callers to successful resolution of their requests.
- Prepares forms, travel authorizations and other related standard operating procedure forms, and enters disbursement requests and purchase requisitions in the college enterprise system. (ER)
- Assists with division budget records, prepares budget amendments, assists in budget preparation, and processes invoices. Access accounting system online.
- Ensures smooth departmental operations, tracking staff attendance and time sheet timeliness. Coordinates Team meetings and works with Team members to process College paperwork. Prepares agendas and attends group and committee meetings to take minutes.
- Uses computer-based software such as MS Word, Excel, etc., and in some cases, department-specific software for internal and external correspondence.
This position is a level C15. Please see starting salary range below.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The ability to establish an effective rapport with staff and faculty including senior leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills, with special attention to details.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent mid-level office skills.
- Intermediate experience with computer, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Graduation from a standard high school (or equivalent).
Three or more years of administrative and clerical support experience is required, preferably in support of a mid-level or senior leadership position.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
- a resume, and
- an electronic job application.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment, including third-party Education Verification.
- Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the Documentation Form to apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 20, 2017.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Valparisa Baker, Director, Equity & Diversity (Title IX Coordinator), 999 Avenue H NE, Winter Haven, FL 33881-4299, Office: WAD 227, 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.