Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Hospitality/Tourism, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Environmental, Natural Resources, Energy / Utilities
Global Head of Corporate Sales – Global Liquidity and Cash Management– Natural Resources and Utlities|
Global Operating Income revenue and business development responsibility for all customers within NRU sector of HSBC Global Liquidity and Cash Management:
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the NRU industry sales effort and coverage of GB customers located globally.
- Responsibility for coordination of GLCM Sales activity globally, on an industry sector basis, in order to increase cross regional sales activity and ensure GLCM presents itself to maximum effect both internally and externally.
- Act as a lead GLCM sales representative and the overall global coordinator for all clients in the sector including Key Account Managed names.
- Responsibility for coordination of Regional GLCM Sales Team in building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, in originating new leads for liquidity and cash management solutions, and in ensuring overall customer satisfaction with HSBC GLCM globally.
- Collaboration with the customer group client relationship team on client strategies, priorities and satisfaction is crucial, as is collaboration with GLCM product management.
- The jobholder is ultimately responsible for new sales revenue and the retention and growth of existing income
- Industry subject matter expert with internal and external recognition as a cash management practitioner representing GLCM at regional and global conferences, roadshows, industry events, case studies and press articles.
Impact on the Business
To manage both yourself and the team to:
- Increased GB GLCM revenues by coordination, identification and development of business opportunities from NRU industry sector in order to maintain existing, and generate new income for HSBC and achieve the annual quantitative and qualitative goals and measures. Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Development and execution of individual client and industry sector planning and customer contact strategy across the region, in accordance with GLCM and Global Banking strategic direction and initiatives.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing development of the global / regional GLCM sector sales strategy including regional EBV and Revenue targets.
- Management of Sector Terms of Reference for governance purposes
- Creation of sector sales and investment plans, identifying key actions for each region and stakeholder including investment requirements and product initiatives
- Implementation of GLCM sector strategy and action items to internal stakeholders including GB RM groups, country management, and GB and GLCM in-country HQ.
- Management of costs within plan, keeping losses to a minimum and identification of cost reduction initiatives as well as managing the sectors within the Groups Global Standards and Business Values
- Ongoing interaction and networking with the in-country and regional sales members including GLCM Heads.
- Develop relationship with key global business partners (Client Coverage Sector Heads and other regional GLCM stakeholders) and sell GLCM sector strategy and action items to internal stakeholders.
- Challenge the status quo and work to increase the business effectiveness. Areas involved in addition to Sales include market development, product, client management, as well as other business and operation al efficiencies. .
- Significant latitude to Identify and undertake regional projects that provide significant revenues or opportunities to the entire business
Customers / Stakeholders
- To broaden and deepen client relationships
- Work with relevant key stakeholders to ensure a positive client experience including excellent service and implementation
- Develop an appropriate calling plan to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives. Through consultative selling, design and implement workable, innovative solutions for customers individual needs plus generate and receive quality referrals for/from other parts of the Group.
- Where appropriate undertake professional presentations etc to customers in support of potential opportunities portraying HSBC in the best possible light against a backdrop of competition from local, regional and/or global banks.
- Maintain and enhance the image of HSBC through the planning and execution of conferences, industry sector days, internal & external client road shows, active participation in industry associations and other such suitable events.
- Maintain close liaison with intra country, intra region and cross regional colleagues/stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of Sales, Product and Client Management functions and to the overall direction of GLCM regional and global business.
- Retention, growth and new business targets achieved, by understanding customer’s needs and selling strategic domestic, regional and/or global cash management solutions, by developing and maintaining relationships with key clients including a robust coverage program and by entertaining potential clients and attending hospitality events etc.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Enhance and nurture strong business relations. Set an example by supporting and motivating colleagues within the team.
- Enhance the teams’ productivity and sustain a high quality client-centric service culture.
- To manage own performance and self-development.
- To keep line management informed of progress/major obstacles towards progress on sales targets.
- Fostering a sales culture throughout the Team.
- Input into setting of annual objectives and monitoring own performance and success.
- By providing guidance and technical recommendations in support of Credit Applications ensuring that the facilities are structured to minimise risk whilst optimising income. Also by assisting Team with their own marketing initiatives, including visiting prospective clients
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Establish cultural and behavioural excellence and develop high engagement across the team
- Be ultimately responsible for the performance management of your team, using relevant performance management tools, ensuring timely action is taken to improve underperformance, to maximise effectiveness of the team.
- Share knowledge, experience and best practices with team and promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice.
- Take a hands-on approach to coaching with regular & productive use of Personal Development Plans and appropriate follow up.
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities.
- Ensure the team is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business.
- Develop appropriate retention strategies within the team’s cost plan.
- Manage succession for key roles using internal and selective hires where appropriate.
- Live the Group Values
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure all requests for operational losses/refunds, travel, out of plan expenditure, events etc are appropriately and correctly authorised.
- Complete all sales activity documentation to support implementation as well as provide a record for performance tracking and supporting future sales efforts
- To continually assess the sales processes to identify improvements and efficiencies. Optimising time within the sales environment.
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Managing multiple time sensitive tasks
- The job holder needs to constantly evaluate and understand
- Customer banking practices and trends in the market
- The financial/accounting/reconciliation and cash management systems and techniques employed
- The competitive market place.
- Adapting to a fast pace work environment and continually changing lines of communication, technological advances etc. the skills of the job holder is to keep close to the customer requirements.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients at a Trusted Advisor level, and have the ability to influence client decisions at Senior levels
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders within HSBC in order to execute on agreed sector strategy and remove barriers for clients transactions
- Actively contribute global development ideas to global sector strategy and be recognized as a voice for the sector internally and externally.
- The jobholder is a senior member of management team within GLCM Sector Sales, maintaining regional strategy and revenue from sector clients, seeking opportunities in the provision and support of the full range of payments and cash management related products and solutions. GLCM is a provider of choice to clients doing business both domestically and internationally.
- The role holder must have a thorough understanding of the cash management business and industry expertise to be able to take a long-term view of expected changes in the market place to ensure HSBC remains at the forefront.
- The competitive environment is intense but where we differ and/or offer competitive advantages are
- Provision of high quality banking services to our target clients
- Strong international image amongst customers and non-customers
- HSBC aims to become a clear banking market leader for international business
- HSBC has a unique global footprint
- The jobholder is viewed as an individual that has NRU industry expertise that can be leveraged to up-tier client relationships.
- The jobholder is expected to meet clients and forge strong relations. To look for new opportunities, expand on the existing portfolio, increase wallet share and generally ensure the performance of the client. The role holder has to also ensure client satisfaction including identifying and dealing with actual or potential business or relationship risks
- To drive fee income and deposit revenue and GLCM sales activities
- The jobholder works closely within HSBC with Global Banking Sector Relationship Managers, Product and Client Implementation/Management. External contact includes Finance Directors, Treasury Managers, Cash Managers, Operational Departments and numerous third parties.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong leadership and management skills and relevant NRU industry experience
- Strong knowledge of local and regional cash management and clearing services, products and techniques.
- Relationship Management experience at multiple levels plus a proven sales record
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Line management experience
- Proven ability of managing cross-border strategic developments and relationships
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamental treasury requirements
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical and selling skills
- A good understanding of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English with fluency in Arabic a plus
- Experience of working in an International Global Banking environment
- Knowledge of Treasury Foreign Exchange
- Broad based knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HSBC Group's inter/intra clearing systems
- Knowledge of day to day workings of a Corporate Treasury environment, foreign exchange and payments