Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
Project Manager, Mortgage Transformation|
Provides project management and/or project management support of a moderately complex nature, ensuring timely and accurate responses to business and/or functional needs. Coordinates and facilitate project discussions with business users. Provide project status updates to the business stakeholders and coordinates their involvement in the projects. May work on more complex projects.
Impact on the Business
- Manage all phases of project development and implementation by ensuring that business deliverables are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
- Produce reports on assigned deliverables to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
- Escalate issues as required to the appropriate project teams, business or counterparts. Act as the liaison to the customer for the development team.
- Analyze problems in terms of process and/or functionality; generate data and apply analytical and quantitative techniques to formulate, describe, communicate and coordinate implementation of recommended solutions.
- Measure and report on the successes and challenges of the program/project using metrics that can be clearly understood throughout the company.
- Document and communicate project status to project team and/or management. Provide final approval of project implementation.
- Focuses on the management of projects within one or multiple areas, or products.
- Coordination and management of departmental reporting, departmental communication, town hall facilitation, departmental meetings.
- Responsible for Business Continuity Planning for specific site locations.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Meet with business and /or functional management to discuss and respond to their needs for project management and/or operational support. Develop related plans, budgets and timeframes as appropriate.
- Provide professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program/project activities as appropriate to program objectives and area of expertise.
- Communicate / Coordinate with Regional and Global BRCM
Leadership & Teamwork
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables. This position leads medium size projects and provides support to team on larger projects.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ability to manage competing priorities. Skills in negotiation and influencing are needed for this position. Ability to coordinate, Global, Regional, and Business activities.
- The individual in this role will operate with minimal supervision. This individual will work with their customers to determine what tasks are required and how to best support their needs.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive project management experience supporting assigned businesses or functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, project management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of the business and functional units supported, products, services and processes and pertinent regulation impacting their delivery.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Time Management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work professionally with various levels of staff and management; strong teamwork.