Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Military, Executive Management, Research & Development
Operations Officer Account Review|
Account on-boarding of new customers, new relationships product and services
Account on-boarding of existing customers
Provide Maintenance Service for material changes for existing accounts
Static Data Changes on existing clients
Verification of Tax Documentation for FATCA Classification and Tax Transparency
Perform Credit Certification for ULOCs and other Credit Facilities
Support Business and Operations on on-going projects such as “Global Standards”, “FATCA”, “Greenfield”, “Derisking and Segmentation Initiatives”
Impact on the Business
- Conduct account documentation analysis, reviews for new accounts and perform account maintenance.
- Receive e-files from the front office which contain HSBC account applications companied by various support documents for new and existing clients.
- Using knowledge of regulatory laws, the Account Officer assess if the documents provided meet the requirements to open an account for the client.
- The Account Officer completes a template with their recommendations, and submits the full package to the 2nd line of defense area – Anti Money Laundry Team. Once AML signs off after doing their own due diligence, the Account Officer then sets up the account in all the various systems.
- The Account Officer also review, approve and update Private Bank book and record systems when there are changes to in corporate structures such as change in ownership, name changes due to mergers, acquisitions, other entity updates, which require additional due diligence and approvals.
- They work with AML, Legal, Tax and other areas as necessary during the whole process as necessary.
- The Account Officer also analyzes and approves Tax Documentation for FATCA Classification and Tax Transparency.
- The Account Officer also performs a review of documents provided at account opening to fulfill a Credit Certification for ULOCs and other Credit Facilities requested
- The Account Officer provides a high quality of customer service and support to the divisions of the Private Bank while adhering to our risks and guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with various banking regulations. (i.e. Reg W, Reg D, Reg E etc…)
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure prompt resolution of all customer service related issues.
- Effectively manage Risk in Service Delivery and organization while ensuring adherence to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Support PB Operations and Front Office regarding any client inquiries.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Minimize Operating Losses
- “ID & V” Client’s names against various databases such as World-check, Reg O in order to comply with Regulatory and Bank’s new Global Standards derisking initiative.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to multi task.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives with aggressive deadlines and limited resources.
- Responsible for adhering to service levels while driving change and global standards.
- Must support local level expectation and requirements while adopting global standards where possible.
- Must reduce costs while increasing capacity to grow the business and improve customer experience.
- Specialized knowledge in the review of Complex Structures of Funds, Corporate, Trust and Deceased Accounts.
- Manage team projects and Bank initiatives while performing everyday duties
- Documentation review involves the exercise of extreme discretion and judgment, with the authority to make independent decisions 100% of the time. The accounts presented maybe in line with local legal and regulatory standards however the structure is questionable by pure instinct and experience.
- These decisions require out of the box decision masking 100% of the time as they have significant amount of financial impact and reputational risk the HSBC.
- Reports to DCT Managers, Private Bank
- Involves multi-team management in a fast paced environment that requires sound decision making, flexibility, and strong leadership
- Has direct interface and daily correspondence with all levels of management, group functions, and various part of the business
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Working Knowledge of banking, operational processes, procedures, compliance, policies and applications.
- Knowledge of the Anti-money Laundering Policy.
- Working Knowledge of tax forms and the FATCA classifications.
- Ability to write, implement and make policy recommendations.
- Ability to handle escalated operational concerns.
- Analytical and problem solving, decision making, communication and follow-up skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software; Word, Excel, Microsoft, Power Point, Access Databases, Business Objects.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deal with all levels of personnel in a courteous, efficient matter.
- Self-Motivated, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must be multi-tasked to be able to work in a fast pace and changing environment
- Must process the ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of all source systems ( CRM, HBUS-CIF, Global Plus, NetX360, ADP, OBAS, Bimas, Filenet)
- Able to read, write and speak Spanish is a plus