Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||University of Virginia
||Charlottesville, VA United States
|| Administrative and Support Services
Program and Logistics Coordinator|
The Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for the exciting and challenging position of Program and Logistics Coordinator. The Coordinator works with a dynamic and diverse team to provide high-level support for the Center's suite of programs and events supporting the University's teaching and learning mission. The CTE, founded in 1990, is located in Hotel D, a historical space in Thomas Jefferson's Academical Village, near the UVA Lawn and Pavilion Gardens. Details at http://cte.virginia.edu/.
Working closely with Center faculty, the Coordinator plans, implements and manages a variety of Center events and programs. The work varies between activities, but includes verbal, written, and electronic communications, data management, advertising, space management, and oversight of student workers. The Coordinator is also the first person with whom visitors to the Center interact, both in person and through the internet. This position evolves with the Center and offers significant opportunities for personal growth. CTE staff are encouraged to take advantage of educational and training opportunities throughout the University and beyond. Work associated with this position gives the Coordinator opportunities to connect with colleagues throughout the University community and also to meet and work with students, graduate students, and faculty.
To apply: Complete the online application at firstname.lastname@example.org and search for posting #0621756; upload a CV, cover letter, a list of three references along with their letter of recommendation. Optionally, if you have created a website, or have a portfolio of your work to share you may upload that as well. For questions and/or to email letters of recommendation, contact Michelle D. Busby at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- strong organizational and project management capabilities, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, support complex projects and priorities, coordinate effectively with a range of stakeholders, and follow projects through to completion;
- demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement complex, large-scale events;
- initiative to organize, prioritize, and plan own work activities according to strict timelines and schedules;
- ability to anticipate and resolve problems related to core areas of responsibility;
- ability to operate comfortably in a wide variety of roles, whether behind the scenes or publicly, representing the Center in a professional manner;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills: professional, succinct, accurate, and diplomatic;
- effective collaboration skills, both with CTE team members and non-CTE colleagues across Grounds;
- excellent skill with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, as well as the ability to create and maintain web pages;
- tact and discretion.
Exceptional candidates will have extensive experience in one or more of the following areas:
- web design technologies, such as WordPress or Drupal;
- survey platforms, especially Qualtrics;
- graphic design.
|Contact Name:||Michelle Busby|
University of Virginia|