ADVANCE PRACTICE NURSESFULL TIME/8A-5P/80 HOURS PER PAY
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is a registered nurse who has completed graduate level
nursing education and is certified as a clinical nurse specialist. The CNS, in collaboration with physicians, provides readmission avoidance, wellness promotion and medical care in the in-patient settings consistent with the nurse's education and certification. Provides support and collaboration with Cardio-Pulmonary nursing leadership to maintain certification/recertification of the Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation program.
The CNS integrates scientific knowledge to design new interventions that treat symptoms, functional problems, and complications of disease treatment. The CNS has in-depth knowledge of evidence-based practice within a specialty that results in competencies to (a) expand the boundaries of nursing practice by focusing on disease management; (b) advance the practice of other nurses and nursing personnel, and (c) develop organizational /system modifications to support and improve the practice of nursing.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Completion of undergraduate and graduate nursing education from an accredited school of nursing at the master's or doctoral level
· License to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio
· Ohio Certificate of Authority as defined by the Ohio Board of Nursing (COA-CS)
· Certificate to Prescribe (CTP) in accordance with Sections 4723.48 through 4723.485, Ohio Revised Code, the rules of the Ohio Board of Nursing required within 18 months of hire.
· National Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
· Current CPR certification
· Five years' clinical experience with three years in area of specialty preferred
· Reference of collaborating physician IF they have been in this role
· PHP Standard Care Arrangement within one month of hire