Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Student Account Counselor - Student Financial Services|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Counsels and directs students in regards to financial aid, state aid, federal loans, institutional aid, payment plan options, debt management and alternative loans. Ensures students clearly understand the process of applying for and accepting their financial aid.
* BA degree required.
* MA preferred.
* 2-4 years in a related field, higher education experience desired.
* Responds in a timely manner to student inquiries by letter, phone, fax and email regarding the process of funding their education with federal loans, alternative loans and other sources of funding.
* Responsible for managing students past due accounts as an effort to reduce overall accounts receivables by communicating to students while still in attendance at the same time ensuring timely transfer of “non-current” students with a balance to the collection department.
* Accurately and timely releases excess funds, also ensuring to monitor enrollment verification with each student and providing timely follow up on changes that may affect their aid.
* Regularly assists with the processing of university enrollment forms and other financial forms ensuring accuracy and completion.
* Leads program specific, orientations, informational meetings and training sessions on either the main campus or regional centers.
* Some evening hours, and provides direction and advice regarding paying for their education.
* Maintains and adheres to all FERPA regulations, federal, state and institutional guidelines and standards, complying with all federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations and following all Azusa Pacific University’s set standards.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Must participate in one commencement per calendar year.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description