Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Employment Placement Agencies, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Medical
SURGICAL TECH-OB-NON CERT|
MVHS WOMEN'S UNIT
FULL TIME/7P-7:30A/72 HOURS PER PAY
The Surgical Technologist (ST) performs technical functions to assist in the delivery of patient care and support services within the Operating Room or other areas of the hospital as assigned. The ST provides assistance to other health care providers such as Registered Nurses, anesthesia staff, surgeons and other professionals. Patient safety and infection control knowledge is incorporated into all aspects of patient care.
Essential Duties & Functions:
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Perform in the 'scrub' role during surgical procedures and by assuring availability of all sterile supplies, instrumentation, and equipment.
2. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of obstetrical/surgical procedures and instrumentation.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy related to obstetrical/surgical procedure.
4. Able to assemble and trouble shoot all equipment as necessary for procedure, by ensuring all necessary equipment is in the room and functioning prior to the start of an obstetrical procedure.
5. Demonstrates an understanding of asepsis and consistently maintains a sterile field while adhering to standards/guidelines re: the use of Personal Protective Equipment/Standard Precautions.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of techniques used by various surgeons for various procedures
7. Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization and disinfection, as evidenced by practice.
8. Demonstrates an understanding of operating room sanitation and assists in the maintenance of the OR environment.
9. In conjunction with the RN, conducts accurate sponge, needle, and instrument counts according to departmental policy/procedures.
10. Handles all surgical specimens appropriately.
Education Required: Associate degree, Surgical Technology
Certification: Current CPR certification required at the time of hire.
Experience Required: No prior job-related work experience
o Must be able to multitask with constant interruptions while maintaining a pleasant demeanor
o Strong organization skills
o Basic computer knowledge
o Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Please visit our employer showcase!