Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Sacramento, CA United States
|| Education and Library, Other, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Empower students to succeed as an AmeriCorps Regional Site Coordinator in Sacramento!|
Interested in serving at a school site? Check out our school-based AmeirCorps opportunity below!
The *AmeriCorps Regional Site Coordinator is the right hand of our programming team within a given region, serving as a mobile coordinator to support multiple reading centers, identifying trends and sharing best practices across schools, tutoring, and acting as a peer support to AmeriCorps Site Coordinators. This is an exciting opportunity to serve in a leadership capacity.
How will you do it?
o Program Support - Collaborate with AmeriCorps Site Coordinators to implement the Reading Partners program at a portfolio of partner school sites, ensuring that all students receive support to meet their learning needs.
o Relationship Management & Communication - Forge and maintain positive relationships within multiple school communities and with AmeriCorps peers to create welcoming environments for students, volunteer tutors, faculty, and staff.
What We Offer:
· AmeriCorps members earn a living stipend between $8,415.40 and $10,285.68 (dependent upon start date), along with medical, dental, and vision coverage at no cost for our members; childcare assistance is available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify. You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans. AmeriCorps members can earn an education award of $2,907.50 after successfully completing their service term. AmeriCorps members will have an allotment of personal days for sick/vacation.
· We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us. As such, we provide ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Other things you Need To Know:
· Service Terms: AmeriCorps members serve full-time from January 2018 through June 2018, and must commit to a service term of 900 hours.
· Travel : AmeriCorps members regularly travel to school sites throughout the week, and need access to reliable transportation on a daily basis. AmeriCorps members also make occasional trips to regional offices and service day events.
Qualifications & Requirements
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
· Are dedicated to national and community service
· Demonstrate a passion for working with children
· Possess a natural ability to connect with people
· Eagerness for a dynamic work schedule
· Boast a deep belief in and passionately promote our mission
· Demonstrate a love for relationship building and public speaking
· Have flexibility and adaptability in both work style and work environment
· Take initiative in meeting goals and seeking professional growth
· Can problem-solve through challenges and failures
· Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
· Can quickly learn new technology systems and have a high level of comfort with MS Office, Google Apps
· Root your work in our core values
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
Bonus Points if you:
· Are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alum/alumna
· Have experience volunteering with other community-based or education programs
|Contact Name:||Cody Howard|
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Learn more about us at www.readingpartners.org.
Please visit our employer showcase!