Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Single Subject Faculty, Teacher Education (F215)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Single Subject Program Faculty (Math, English or Science), Teacher Education
Position Tracking Number: F215
School/College: School of Education
Department: Elementary & Secondary Education, Division of Teacher Education
Location: Three options Ė Orange/Azusa, San Diego/Murrieta, and Inland Empire (San Bernardino)/Azusa
This full-time faculty position requires the ability to teach courses in the Single Credential Program (with specialty in Math, English or Science), as well as foundational courses for all teacher credential candidates. Teaching can include co-teaching, online, face-to-face, and hybrid formats. Responsibilities also include clinical supervision of teacher education candidates.
The Division of Teacher Education credential curriculum has recently been rewritten to provide a common schema of knowledge taught to both general education and special education credential candidates in shared foundations courses, with some co-taught by general education and special education faculty. The entire curriculum reflects a commitment to four values -- preparing candidates to: 1) meet the needs of all learners in diverse environments; 2) serve English language learners; 3) utilize a robust level of technology within their pedagogy; and 4) learn the profession in the context of Christian values and principles. Programs in APUís School of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE, transitioning to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, CAEP), the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
Single Subject Credential with specialization in Math, English, or Science), with preference given to those with additional teacher credentials (multiple subject and/or special education).
* A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (faculty members are required to sign a ďStatement of Faith,Ē available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook).
* Single Subject teaching credential in Math, English, or Science from any US state is required.
* PhD or EdD in education or a related field. A practitioner with 15+ years related K-12 experience, but without a doctorate can be considered.
* Successful experience in use of online technologies for student assessment and teaching, with preference for prior experience in online or hybrid environments.
* Demonstrated commitment to professional and scholarly activity (e.g., grant writing, scholarly publications, and conference presentations).
* Established record of success in serving linguistically and ethnically diverse populations.
* Demonstration of collegial teamwork.
* Willingness to travel to regional center campuses.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To review the complete job description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description