Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Psychologist/Outreach Coordinator - Counseling Center|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The primary focus of this position is to provide a spectrum of counseling services to the Azusa Pacific University community, with specific responsibilities related to coordination of UCC outreach services.
* Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or related field from an accredited institution.
* Licensed or license-eligible by the California Board of Psychology.
* Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Azusa Pacific University.
* Five years of counseling experience, university setting preferred. Applicant should be a generalist with experience in at least some of the following: addiction and substance abuse; brief therapy; crisis management and consultation; providing counseling, prevention and outreach services to diverse populations; outcomes assessment; spiritual issues and development; supervision of practicum and postdoctoral level trainees.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Provides individual, couples, and group counseling for our culturally diverse student population.
* Provides crisis intervention and management, which may include nights and weekends.
* Acts as an emotional wellness consultant for the university community.
* Responsible as point person for the UCC for coordinating and providing campus outreach, including educational workshops on various mental health topics.
* Specifically coordinates UCC prevention programming, including developing written materials, programs and workshops related to prevention and gatekeeping, assigning programming, training staff in effective delivery, assessing program effectiveness and creating administrative reports.
* Supports the university by attending various functions and committees that are deemed appropriate for UCC staff by the Director, including but not limited to the Student Life Wellness committee.
* Provides supervision for practicum level trainees and/or interns as needed.
* Attends and participates in peer clinical consultation group and staff meetings.
* Maintains active membership in relevant professional organizations to remain current in national best practices related to outreach and prevention programming.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.