Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Department Coordinator - UG Theology and Philosophy (S302)|
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This person will report to and serve BOTH the Chair of the Philosophy Department and the Chair of the Theology Department, and serve as the Department Coordinator for both departments.
* Minimum education: AA degree or equivalent experience. B.A./B.S. preferred
* Five to ten years of administrative management experience, preferably in a seminary or an academic setting.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Oversees two chairs calendars; schedule interviews and appointments.
* Coordination, administration, and management of currently - 7 full-time professors and 10 adjuncts for Philosophy department and 6 full-time professors and 11 adjuncts for Theology department.
* Assist chairs with department budget and Program Review.
* Manage Wells Fargo monthly reconciling for self and department chairs.
* Coordinate and supervise class scheduling each semester.
* Facilitate faculty searches.
* Manage department adjunct applications via SilkRoad.
* Coordinate and process interviews, hiring, paperwork, and contracts for adjunct faculty.
* Coordinate and manage book orders and collection of syllabi.
* Oversee catalog changes.
* Coordinate and manage program development with chair.
* Create and manage APU SOT website, Department website and Facebook page
* Input and manage Taskstream.
* Coordinate and supervise student advising, including those Study Abroad and maintain student files
* Organize and process petitions received for department
* Responsible for timely and consistent communication to alumni and current students for upcoming departmental news and events.
* Coordinate, organize and attend monthly department meetings.
* Access and input meetings in SOT calendars.
* Coordinate, organize, and manage annual faculty-in-service training session for Theology department.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description