Manager Information Management- (QlikView / QlikSense)|
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of a Manager, Information Management include the following:
Provides technical leadership and on going system support across the organization. Develops and maintains data and processes of a complex nature to support the tactical and analytical needs of the assigned unit. Coordinates and completes complex projects according to plan when assigned. Employs several programming languages of different utility to access information systems (Data Warehouses, data marts, raw data source files, etc.) to provide information support to assigned unit. Directs project activities, initiates analysis, and provides solutions for problems within scope of responsibility. Works independently with management and key end-users to understand and obtain information requirements. Enables and assists analytic and business staff to achieve optimal financial return from data resources.
The Manager Information Management – QlikSense will be an integral part in supporting the Data and Information Management team to automate data feeds and create intuitive dashboards.
The role will act as a source of business centric innovation; the candidate will partner across the organization to support data driven initiatives by leveraging our Enterprise Data Warehouse, Analytics Mart, and third party sources.
The successful candidate will build structures within organization data mart that
1.) Lend value by extending the capabilities of reporting for the business
2.) Extended to support complex segmentation , model building and dashboard development.
- Design, develop and maintain highly complex databases and data marts as needed for MIS, end user computing and statistical modeling.
- Ensure all databases and data marts are accurate, documented and accessible.
- Ascertain, recommend and implement methods of improving efficiencies in database design, programming tools and coding methodologies for business analysts and the department.
- Develop, train and support Senior CIM and CIM Analysts as required. Review finished projects and work in progress to ensure correctness, accuracy and conformance to department standards.
- Seek technical and professional information and processes regarding area of responsibility to enhance department knowledge base.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in a computing or information science environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc. or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with SAS Programming Preferred
- Experience in d3js to build extension objects for QlikSense Preferred
- Experience with R & Python Preferred
- Experience with Cognos development Preferred
- Hadoop and Big Data Experience Preferred
- Cloud Experience for e.g. Google cloud, AWS etc. Preferred
- Domain experience in banking and regulatory environments Preferred
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine, in addition to The World’s Best Bank by Euromoney Magazine in its annual Awards for Excellence.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.