Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||W.W. Norton & Company
||New York, NY United States
Editorial Assistant, Custom Publications |
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an Editorial Assistant to work in the Custom Publications division. This dynamic position will involve working with books from all academic disciplines.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
• Managing ISBNs.
• Proofreading project materials.
• Performing library research.
• Maintaining the division’s print-on-demand branch.
• Corresponding with customers.
• Managing inventory and reprints.
• Drafting contracts and requesting checks.
• Creating and maintaining up-to-date spreadsheets and databases to support projects.
• Collaborating with the editorial, production, and permissions teams to meet deadlines.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
• Must be able to work full business hours in our NYC location.
• Must be independent, self-motivated, and adaptable.
• Must be able to manage time effectively, stay organized, and balance multiple tasks at any given time.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented.
• Must be able to interact with colleagues and customers in a professional manner through e-mail, over the phone, and in person.
• Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Google Docs.
• Copyediting and proofreading test will be given.
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.” For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
W.W. Norton & Company|
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years” in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.