Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Faculty in Design, Program Director for Web Design (F693)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Program Director for Web Design
Position Tracking Number: F693
School/College: School of Visual and Performing Arts, College of Music and the Arts
Department: Art and Design
Location: Azusa Campus
The Azusa Pacific University Department of Art and Design invites applications for the position of the Program Director of the new M.A. in Web Design, appointment to begin January 1, 2018. The department, which consists of nine full-time faculty members, offers a B.A. in Art, B.A. in Visual Art, B.A. in Graphic Design, M.A. in Modern Art History online and an M.A. in Visual Art. The Department is in the process of launching a M.A. in User Experience Design.
This faculty position directs the graduate Web Design program, and will ensure academic excellence and innovation in web design, coordinate the curriculum and faculty of the program, provide oversight for practice initiatives in web design, and promote partnerships that support student learning, corporate connections, internships, faculty practice, and research initiatives in web design.
The Department of Art and Design is housed within the School of Visual and Performing Arts in the College of Music and the Arts. The College of Music and the Arts is focused on exceptional artistic development and the incorporation of authentic Christian faith. These dual aspirations extend and enrich our influence on culture.
Specialization: Web Design
* This Program Director provides leadership in the launch and administration of the MA in Web Design in the areas of curricular development, research, faculty engagement, student development, fiscal management, and relationships with industry partners.
* The Program Director reports to the department chair and works in collaboration with the Chair and the Deanís Office on faculty recruitment and development; program assessment and curriculum development; student recruitment and retention; and engages in faith integration across the curriculum.
* Applicants should present evidence of teaching excellence, active scholarship, and participation in fields of design. It is anticipated the applicant will demonstrate leadership experience, preferably in an academic department or other administrative experience, inspiring collaboration and community.
* Provide oversight assistance of assessment and revision, ensuring instruction is conducted with academic integrity and rigor.
* May need to work at alternative teaching sites.
* Have an on-going professional research agenda.
* Participate in committees as well as service to the broader professional community.
* The ability to teach in a variety of instructional environments including: online, face-to-face, and hybrid formats is required.
Level: Faculty rank commensurate with experience
Qualifications: Successful candidates will possess the following:
* MA/MFA in Web Design or a closely related field
* Professional experience in web design
* Record of strong administrative experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* A commitment to teaching excellence
* Demonstrate engagement in program development
* Demonstrate a record of transparent and collaborative leadership
* Experience with assistive technology tools and instructional strategies
* Ability to work in an online environment
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.