Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
||Berkeley, CA United States
|| Administrative and Support Services
Laboratory Campus Planning Officer |
Laboratory Campus Planning Officer - 84783
Berkeley Lab is seeking a Laboratory Campus Planning Officer who will set the vision and design a multi-year roadmap for the future infrastructure of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab). This role’s primary responsibilities include identification, conceptualizing, planning, for new construction and facility renewal projects to maintain mission readiness of the Laboratory in alignment with its evolving science portfolio.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=135242 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".
Qualifications & Requirements
• In response to identified and prioritized scientific and operations requirements, this position is responsible for the creation of Berkeley Labs’s infrastructure vision including infrastructure planning and funding strategy in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The requires close coordination with Laboratory Chief Operating Officer and Deputy, the Facilities Division Director, the Laboratory Project Management Officer and the Strategic Infrastructure Governance Board The LBNL Strategic Laboratory Infrastructure Officer identifies the future capital programs for delivery of LBNL buildings and infrastructure. Close coordination with the University of California Office of the President, University of California Berkeley, Department of Energy and the local community is essential.
• Serve the Directorate and the scientific ALDs with planning activities including discussions with strategic partners in the private and public sector in the creation of a master planned development.
• Working in close concert with key Berkeley Lab leaders to codify the Berkeley Lab strategic infrastructure vision and roadmap producing and maintaining the Campus Infrastructure Master Plan. Manage strategic infrastructure planning, including infrastructure (new, renovations, replacements), D&D, and space (allocation, utilization) planning.
• Direct and manage a group of matrixed and dotted-line staff. Participate in the update of Long Range Development Plan, Annual Lab Plan (infrastructure section), and Annual Lab Plan Infrastructure presentation.
• In close coordination with Berkeley Lab leaders, develop and maintain external relationships and partnerships to enable the infrastructure vision.
The Laboratory Campus Planning Officer is a proven leader that is results driven, makes critical decisions using using data and sound judgement, is fiscally responsible and serves in the best interest of the Lab community, University of California and Department of Energy - Office of Science. The Campus Development Officer promotes values of diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as safety and security.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory |