Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||virtual, US United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Technology Director (virtual)|
UltraViolet is hiring a Technology Director to help us create a real cost for sexism in the U.S.
The Technology Director will be working with UltraVioletís campaigns team to fulfill each dayís urgent campaign tech needs, such as troubleshooting mass email and website problems and experimenting with new designs or features on the fly. Youíll constantly be suggesting, building and implementing new tools and testing new ways to use technology to engage UltraVioletís membership.
This is a fast-paced job for a growing programmer who feels confident and comfortable dabbling in all sorts of tech-related issues -- youíll be the first line of defense for technical questions from UltraVioletís campaign staff and a crucial part of our campaigns team. Intrigued? Keep reading.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Two to five years of experience in web development, with a front-end, UI focus.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in a rapid response environment.
Weíre hoping you bring 1-2 (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with any of the following: Amazon Web Services including Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and Cloudfront, WordPress, GitHub, and/ or Cloudflare.
- Experience with working with APIs (RESTFUL or XML RPC).
- Understanding of ActionKit and Django.
- Q/A testing experience.
- Experience with digital security practices and implementation.
- Political or advocacy experience.
You will thrive in this role if youíre someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills and is excited to be in a staff support role;
- Is able to track a lot of moving parts, managing complex projects independently and as part of team;
- Has razor-sharp attention to detail;
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team;
- Likes the idea of working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization.
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family;
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays;
- 401(k) with a five percent employer contribution;
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel;
- A three month paid sabbatical after five years of service;
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and a #pets Slack channel that gets surprise presents (sometimes purple cakes!) and knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low ego environment!
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to 85,000 plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
Submit an application here: https://ultraviolet.theresumator.com/apply/
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until September 5th, 2018
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
UltraViolet is a national organization that drives feminist cultural and political change. Through people power and strategic advocacy, we work to improve the lives of women of all identities and backgrounds by dismantling discrimination and creating a cost for sexism. We work on a range of interconnected issues, including violence against women, economic security, reproductive rights, racial justice, and immigration, that impact the lives of women.
UltraViolet's one million members have taken down major misogynists ó from Bill O'Reilly and Harvey Weinstein to Roger Ailes and Rick Ross; organized nationwide to save the Affordable Care Act; campaigned for justice for women of color treated brutally by law enforcement; forced Yahoo to stop promoting fake anti-abortion clinics; and more.
Right now, UltraViolet is focused on stopping Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court, demanding that CBS fire their sexual harasser CEO, Les Moonves, and mobilizing for the upcoming election by exposing Republicans in Congress who have the worst track record on womenís issues.
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
Technician/Cadet, Geek Squad - Princeton, NJ Best Buy 578
with Best Buy in Princeton, NJ.
Technician/Cadet, Geek Squad - Store 1417 - Rockwall, TX
with Best Buy in Rockwall, TX.
Technician/Cadet, Geek Squad - Store 54 - Mesquite, TX
with Best Buy in Mesquite, TX.
Sales Consultant - HT, Gaming, Ent
with Best Buy in Williston, VT.
Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet - Store 226 - Lubbock, TX
with Best Buy in Lubbock, TX.
|>> more | add|