Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||St. Paul, MN United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Health Care Call Center Representative (8 openings)|
***This posting is used to fill up to 8 identical temporary openings in Brainerd, MN***
The Department of Human Services Health Care Administration is seeking Health Care Call Center Representatives who are energetic, flexible and patient to work in a heavy volume, customer service-oriented work environment. The representatives will triage customer calls providing quality services, while conducting research using multiple databases to provide accurate and relevant information. Upon completion of training, representatives answer approximately 80-120 calls per day from health care providers, the general public and advocates.
The incumbent must be able to research, analyze, resolve and/or facilitate resolution of appropriate policies and procedures related to Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) while effectively communicating information to guide customers through MHCP processes and procedures to meet the needs of the audience and the situation.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Two years of customer service experience.
• Basic math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, or divide correctly.
• Computer skills sufficient to research and navigate independently.
• Proficiency with basic office software, such as MS office products.
• One year of call center experience in an inbound call center setting.
• Familiar with medical terminology.
• Understanding of HIPAA rules, Minnesota's data privacy laws.
• Experience with the following:
o Decision-making and customer service responsibility within a complex policy environment (e.g. applying eligibility, insurance, health care, or service industry policy while dealing with a high volume customer base).
o Multi-functional and complex payment and eligibility system.
o Health care billing and claims payment/denial.
o Electronic data interchange (EDI).
o Administering and applying policies, procedures, and coding information sufficient to assist customers regarding claims, eligibility and benefit coverage.