Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Anoka, MN United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Quality Specialist Registered Nurse - 26944|
The Quality Specialist provides leadership and oversight for developing, managing, evaluating, and enhancing functions of patient safety, quality performance improvement, regulatory compliance and infection prevention. Infection prevention includes development and oversight of facility infection control programs that are specific to individual facilities and the populations served.
In order to ensure quality efforts and initiatives complement and support one another, the Quality Specialist partners with a divergent group of individuals including patients, families, providers, clinicians, committees, counties, other providers, hospitals, and other stakeholders. These collaborative relationships are essential to ensure consistency in quality practices with all areas of Direct Care & Treatment Services (DCT).
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Supporting the development and implementation of a comprehensive quality department through performance improvement projects, infection prevention, quality improvement initiatives, quality review processes, and monitoring key quality indicators which identify opportunities for improvement in patient outcomes, patient safety and patient experience
• Educating hospital staff and quality team leadership on best practices, regulatory requirements, patient safety and infection control practices in order to continuously raise standards of excellence in the areas of patient safety, quality, and patient experience
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through participation in education opportunities such as departmental in-services, staff meetings, relevant educational seminars, quality and performance education as approved by supervisor
Qualifications & Requirements
Must meet the following qualifications listed below:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
• Current licensure in Minnesota as a Registered Nurse
• 2 years of Registered Nurse experience with an emphasis in infection prevention or staff education/training
• Experience developing, managing, evaluating, and enhancing functions of Patient Safety, Quality Performance Improvement, Infection Prevention, and Regulatory Compliance
|Contact Name:||Heidi Peura |
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.