Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
Manager, Web Operations|
BestBuy.com is one of the top e-commerce organizations in the world. Come join us on our path to creating one of the most fully featured, resilient and scalable web properties out there. This role is not for the faint of heart. It will test your patience with Internet gremlins that are only experienced when dealing with hair-raising levels of traffic, which would normally induce panic in the uninitiated. Applicants who thrive in chaos and ambiguity are encouraged to read on and apply.
What you will do as a Manager, Web Operations
The Manager, Web Operations is responsible for leading a team that is tasked with monitoring and maintaining a highly available, multibillion-dollar e-commerce site's health at web-scale, to 99.95% reliability. Resiliency and monitoring accuracy is the goal of our team which is obtained through development, maintenance and analysis of a wide variety of industry leading monitoring tools, ranging from internally developed and open source to top of the line, commercially available SAAS solutions.
This position directly interfaces with front-end and back-end developers within Operations and Engineering disciplines as part of a Dev-Ops style team, responding not only to in-the-moment indications of potential problems but also making recommendations to improve resiliency and performance across all tiers of our applications. The role also works directly with various technical operations groups across the greater Best Buy Enterprise in order to sustain high-availability of various IT services consumed by our applications. In addition to technical troubleshooting and incident management, this position will contribute to maintaining and developing methods of visualizing data to support quick identification and diagnosis of performance data collected via our vast toolset.
Ideal candidates will have a broad understanding of all aspects of web technologies, e-commerce applications, monitoring, and be comfortable performing qualitative analysis on various sets of data.
- 6 or more years of technical experience with at least 2 years in Site Reliability or Web Operations
- 2 or more years formal or informal leadership experience
- Experience with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
- Fluency in Ruby, Java, Python or PHP
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Experience with diagnostic browser add-ons and proxies such as HTTPWatch, HTTPfox, Fiddler2, Charles, RESTclient, CookiesManager, ModifyHeaders
- Experience with Web and System monitoring and reporting applications such as Tealeaf, Gomez, Catchpoint, Keynote, Splunk, Dynatrace, SiteScope, Nagios, or Ganglia
- Strong facilitation and incident management skills
- Strong experience with the software development lifecycle
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence without authority
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities
- 2+ years of experience with 24x7 operations and support of web-scale systems