Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Financial Aid Specialist (S666)|
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another
The Financial Aid Specialist (FAS) is responsible for administering the Title IV, HEA programs in accordance with all statutory provisions of or applicable to Title IV of the HEA, all applicable regulatory provisions prescribed under that statutory authority, and all applicable special arrangements, agreements, and limitations entered into under the authority of statutes applicable to Title IV of the HEA. In accordance with Azusa Pacific University’s policies and procedures, this position will determine the federal, state and institutional aid a student is eligible to receive by performing the financial award process, needs analysis, financial aid verification, and other tasks related to financial aid awarding and compliance.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education. Master’s Degree preferred.
* 5-7 years of general business experience, preferably in related field or a field that is highly regulated.
* Financial Aid Experience preferred.
* PeopleSoft Campus Solution experience preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Reviews federal needs analysis documents for accuracy and follows up for income documentation for federal verification.
* Understands basic federal tax law to evaluate the accuracy of FAFSA data entry and completes verifications.
* Awards and revises all federal, state, and institutional aid as well as private student loans for undergraduate students within federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
* Communicates with other One Stop staff and departments across campus in a timely manner regarding adjustments needed to students’ financial aid award packages and other individual student circumstances
* Review and analyze various daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure accuracy, discern errors, and maintain high level of student service through the financial aid process.
* Monitor and review student’s academic progress to ensure ongoing eligibility for financial aid.
* Processes required “Return to Title IV” program funds for students officially or unofficially withdrawing from the university.
* Review, interpret and apply complex federal and state regulations to remain in compliance by attending conferences, workshops, webinars and other available forms of training as applicable.
* Use PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, CampusLogic, ZenDesk, Windows interface and Microsoft products, Archiving, COD, ELM-ONE, IFAP, NSLDS, FAA Access, Webgrants, studentloans.gov and various other financial aid websites to complete tasks.
* Required to work either the May or December commencement day per calendar year.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by supervisor
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel and Word.
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
* Good command of the English language with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to plan details of procedures and methods to obtain definite objectives.
* Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
* Ability to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
* Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
* Pleasant but busy office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps. and Microsoft Office (primarily Excel).
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Internship - Graphic Design (Communications)
with National Conference of State Legislatures in Denver, CO.
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor – Environmental, Occupational Geospatial Health
with CUNY Graduate School of Public Health & Health Policy in New York, NY.
Assistant Professor, Education - Literacy in Elementary, Special, Early Childhood Education
with Univeristy of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, CT.
Membership Engagement Assistant
with American Academy of Arts and Sciences in Cambridge, MA.
Dean, School of Pharmacy
with Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL.
|>> more | add|