Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Lake Highland Preparatory School
||Orlando, FL United States
|| Education and Library
ACADEMIC LEARNING LAB SUPERVISOR |
The primary responsibilities are to coordinate tutoring and academic support services for Lake Highland students within the Academic Learning Lab. This position additionally provides administrative support for the Edison Program.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The person assigned to this position will facilitate communication, scheduling and needs assessment with regard to students requesting academic tutoring. This supervisor will service parents, students, teachers, tutors and administrators with the goal of providing the most effective student-tutor relationship. Ancillary duties for the Edison Program may include but are not limited to test proctoring, documentation and related paperwork. Administrative duties for both the ALL and the Edison Program include billing, contracts and related communications.
• Coordinate tutoring schedules and ALL facility use.
• Serve as a liaison between parent, tutor, student and classroom teachers as needed.
• Work with Division Directors on any concerns regarding tutoring.
• Provide the Directors a quarterly report of students receiving tutoring, subject of tutoring and tutor.
• Maintain strictest confidence regarding student records, grades, assignments, tutors, etc.
• Oversee the safety and conduct of students while they are in the ALL facility.
• Support the tutors by ensuring that students report to their scheduled sessions on time.
• Report student attendance to Lower, Middle and Upper School attendance offices.
• Oversee the billing process for students being tutored in the ALL.
• Maintain records of the tutoring agreements, Edison contracts and billing.
• Responsible for recommending the hiring and dismissal of tutors.
• Coordinate with HR Department background checks for tutors.
• Maintain a master daily schedule of tutoring.
• Maintain an up-to-date list of tutors and project future tutor needs.
• Maintain a library of class textbooks in the ALL.
• Generate reports and spreadsheets as requested.
Qualifications & Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
The employee must
• be knowledgeable and skilled in the use of technology to perform various tasks using such software as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, databases, the Internet, Google suite.
• possess pleasant demeanor and effective communication skills with tutors, teachers, parents, administration, and students.
• have strong organizational skills in order to simultaneously arrange appointments, maintain records, administer parent billing, maintain resources and maintain an orderly physical area within the ALL.
• collaborate and work well with others.
• have the ability to work without close supervision, solving problems, and carrying out assignments to completion.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter indicating how you would succeed in this position, a current resume, and three professional references with at least one immediate supervisor (preferably current). All materials should be submitted electronically as PDFs and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "ALL Supervisor" in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.
Background Screening: LHPS conducts background checks, including fingerprinting, and drug testing and may use a third party administrator. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Lake Highland Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Contact Name:||Seymour Mintzer|
Lake Highland Preparatory School|
About Lake Highland Preparatory School
Lake Highland Preparatory School is Central Florida’s premier, private, college preparatory school for Pre-K through 12th grade. When students enter our classrooms, they meet energetic educators who are passionate about what they teach and who focus on developing the greatest potential of each student. Our classes are small, providing the optimal setting for students to be encouraged and inspired.
At Lake Highland Preparatory School, students learn to question, create, challenge, analyze, and speak and write critically. They love learning, and each day we watch them reach for excellence, seek new discoveries, shine on the stage, and thrive in athletics. We not only prepare our students for success in college and beyond, but we also teach them to be compassionate leaders who make ethical decisions.
Within an atmosphere of love, concern, and mutual respect, Lake Highland Preparatory School is committed to instilling Christian values, inspiring patriotism, developing leaders, and preparing students for college and lifelong learning through academically challenging programs and affirming competitive experiences.
Lake Highland Preparatory School develops and empowers students with noble character, keen intellect, and an enduring love of learning to thrive in a highly competitive, widely collaborative and ever-changing world. The school’s “whole child” approach fosters confident, competent, and functional citizens who are intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually prepared to pursue their dreams, achieve their full potential, and successfully cope with life challenges.