Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||CUNY Hunter College
||New York, NY United States
|| Education and Library
Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Level (Provisional) (Multiple Positions)|
Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Level (Provisional) (Multiple Positions) - Registrar, Division of Student Affairs
Job ID: 19929
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under supervision, provides and/or oversees expert end-user support by proficiently and accurately inputting, auditing, and reporting on information in CUNYfirst (i.e., PeopleSoft). CUNYfirst is the City University of New York's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Oracle/PeopleSoft system used to capture and maintain the University's student administration, human resources and finance functions.
This position differs from an Information Technology position in that an incumbent in an Information Technology position provides hardware support, software programming and networking, systems planning, and/or technological troubleshooting while a Business Data and Reporting Analyst is a highly skilled end-user of CUNYfirst. There are 4 levels of this title. Related duties may be assigned as needed.
Levels 1 and 2 are non-exempt from FLSA.
Levels 3 and 4 are exempt from FLSA.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Business Data and Reporting Analyst
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Hunter College is seeking two Business Data and Reporting Analysts who will report to corresponding unit supervisors. In addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Business Reporting and Data Analyst will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Input student data regarding change of majors, minors, concentrations, and other Registrar-related information into CUNYfirst.
• Maintain confidential, electronic, and other Registrar-related records.
• Process requests for registration changes, registration appeals, and maintaining matriculation into CUNYfirst.
• Assist with collection and processing of transcript requests.
• Process enrollment certifications and verifications in CUNYf irst and the National Student Clearinghouse.
• Investigate and resolve issues involving missing/inaccurate information in CUNYfirst and National Student Clearinghouse.
• Create and maintain forms and databases for Registrar policies and procedures.
• Run queries to get data from CUNYfirst to correct/update CUNYfirst. Create and revise spreadsheets from data obtained from queries.
- Possess ion of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency, including the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English well enough to meet minimally acceptable performance standards set for the job tasks.
- One (1) year of related full-time experience utilizing PeopleSoft computer software technology. CUNY considers full-time experience to be 35 hours per week. Experience that is less than full-time and more than 20 hours per week can be prorated at 50% (e.g., two month's related work experience at 20-35 hours per week equate to one month's full-time related work experience.)
This title has four levels. To qualify for Levels 2 - 4, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The full specification is available on our web site at
New Hire: $35,964*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
CUNY Hunter College||