Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Chicago, IL United States
|| Administrative and Support Services, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Consulting Services, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Government and Policy, Hospitality/Tourism, Human Resources, Information Technology, Other, Counseling, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Executive Management, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Logistics, Research & Development, Development and Fund Raising, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Writing/Authoring
People and Culture is responsible for MacArthur's strategic efforts to design, implement and manage innovative human resources practices and initiatives that attract, develop, support and retain an engaged, high-performing, diverse staff in a culture of continuous learning and development that supports and encourages all employees to grow and flourish.
The Coordinator is an integral and active part of the People and Culture Team, which includes active participation in meetings and other events sponsored by the Team. The Coordinator works closely with the Associate to the Managing Director to ensure smooth operations for the Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Recruiter with coordination of recruitment activities such as job postings, interview schedules, informational packets, and travel/hotel arrangements for candidates, process candidate expenses; and with post-hire activities, such as preparing new hire onboarding materials, creating Human Resources files, and processing and filing paperwork
• Assist with the coordination of the Summer Intern Program
• Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including tech support (AV, Blue Jeans, Open Voice, Condeco, etc.)
• Assist with calendar management for the team
• Process all invoices for department
• Process expenses for the team
• Provide general proofreading and editing, and coordinate document and information management tasks that add value for the department
• Act as a liaison with departments, meeting planning, etc. to accomplish the department’s workflow
• Responsible for learning and taking the lead on various technology programs (SharePoint, Workday, GMS, Blue Jeans, Tidemark, etc.,)
• Must maintain knowledge of all Foundation policies and procedures; stay informed and up-to-date on the activities and achievements of the Foundation; and be interested in and enthusiastic about the Foundation’s work
• Sort and deliver department mail
• Maintain and catalogue MacArthur SWAG
• Process employee recognition awards (memberships, gift certificates, etc.)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as back up to Associate to the Managing Director
• Perform other duties as assigned
The position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The work environment is an office setting. Intermittent physical activities will include bending, reaching, sitting, and walking during working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with physical disabilities to perform the job.
Qualifications & Requirements
Reports To: Managing Director
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
• Minimum of three years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in a Human Resources environment
• A bachelor’s degree is desirable
• Comfortable working in a team environment
• Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and verbal skills
• Able to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Able to think and work independently, using strong working knowledge of program substance and process
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation supports creative people, effective institutions, and influential networks building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world. MacArthur is placing a few big bets that truly significant progress is possible on some of the world’s most pressing social challenges, including over-incarceration, global climate change, nuclear risk, and significantly increasing financial capital for the social sector. In addition to the MacArthur Fellows Program, the Foundation continues its historic commitments to the role of journalism in a responsible and responsive democracy, as well as the strength and vitality of our headquarters city, Chicago.
MacArthur is one of the nation's largest independent foundations. Organizations supported by the Foundation work in about 50 countries. In addition to Chicago, MacArthur has offices in India, Mexico, and Nigeria.