Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Event Services Manager|
Sells, plans, directs and coordinates the activities of year-round events, summer conferences, vending services, operations, warehousing, and booking to provide services to students, staff, faculty, conference participants, and university guests. Responsible for the sales and customer acquisition as it relates to year-round events and conferences.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
* Seven – ten years of event management experience in a high volume event sales/production setting.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Work with customers to book, contract, schedule, and run events and summer conferences.
* Responsible for the supervision, training, work assignments and work schedules in Events Services
* Reports booking space and forecasting reports and assists Director with business review meetings to maximize space and revenues (yield management)
* Conducts weekly events and meetings.
* Motivates staff, cultivates team building and resolves issues; coaches staff and assist the management team in evaluating and developing staff performance and taking corrective action as needed.
* Establishes and modifies departmental policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable university policies, and applicable laws and regulations.
* Manages the expansion of Event Services in both volume and quality.
* Identifies and implements sustainable practices in all areas to include but limited to; event production, procurement, and use of various “green” resources and recycling
* Assists in the monitoring of department budget and maintain fiscal records. Ensures compliance by management under his / her span of control in areas of financial costs, inventory standards, and other cost mechanisms; provides regular financial reports and benchmarks to the Director on a regular basis.
* Advises and informs supervisory and Event Services personnel regarding policies, procedures, personnel issues and other matters pertaining to effective and efficient operations.
* Analyze sales; develop and market new services and products.
* Work with groups of students, faculty, and staff to support their needs and enhance their programs.
* Handles all aspects of staff management, including conducting interviews and orientations, overseeing training of new staff and cross-training existing staff, maintaining staff scheduling and partnering with temporary agencies
* Provides input in maintaining and upgrading 25Live and the corresponding booking policy and procedures.
* Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statemnts and other policies and procedures.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Event Services.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Fire codes and safety practices and procedures for event(s).
* Good supervisory skills with the ability to work with varied personalities.
* Leadership, management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Good mathematical skills.
* Familiar with the operation and maintenance of 25Live, event equipment, and facilities.
* Ability to communicate well with the public, staff, faculty, and students as well as co-workers.
* Familiar with NFPA 101 life-safety requirements, LA County Fire Regulations
* Mental Demands
* Able to follow written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Flexible, patient, and service oriented. Able to be firm when necessary.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Sitting, walking and standing for long periods of time.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Ability to walk to various food sites on campus.
* Able to reach, bend, pull, push, lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Able to work evenings weekends, and Holidays as necessary.
* Reading, computer monitor, assessing eye appeal of menu items.
* Pleasant busy work area, comfortable temperature.
* Pleasant Office setting.
* Proficient in the use of Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
* Google applications.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.