Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Hartford, CT United States
Principal, Montessori Magnet School at Batchelder (Grades Prekindergarten – 6)|
Hartford Public Schools is pleased to announce the search for Principal of the Montessori Magnet School at Batchelder. HPS is seeking a leader with a passion for educating children, a commitment to closing achievement gaps, and an ability to maximize learning for all students. Hartford Public Schools invites applications from knowledgeable and innovative professionals who are experienced in urban education and understand the range of academic, social, and emotional needs of students. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record in providing strong instructional leadership focused on student centered learning. Successful applicants will also have demonstrated experience managing talent, overseeing organizational systems, and engaging families and community partners for equity and excellence.
Montessori Magnet School at Batchelder is a community dedicated to social reform in making Montessori education accessible to more children in a public-school setting. At Montessori Magnet, educators individually guide children to learn at their own pace- exploring and discovering based on their interests. Children learn through hands-on work. Children emerge as independent, confident, compassionate, responsible, individuals becoming self-reliant leaders in their community. We are a global community of students and families, drawing students from Hartford and surrounding towns. We maintain a beautiful balance of races, ethnicities and socioeconomics. Our staff are pioneers boldly advancing Dr. Maria Montessori life’s work of child-centered education as a means to social reform. Daily, we are inspired by the beauty and enthusiasm of our children and the nobility of our work. Our community of children, families and staff is a family that comes together often in work, recognition and celebration of the CHILD.
Candidates must hold appropriate Connecticut certification in administration. Ideally, candidates will also hold the American Montessori Institute (AMI) certification.
Qualifications & Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/ABILITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Extensive instructional experience in urban/multi-cultural settings and cultural responsiveness
• Knowledge of and experience with the opportunities and needs of magnet schools
• Strong and collaborative leadership with an honest, transparent, and inclusive style that supports high student outcomes and educational excellence
• Demonstrated knowledge and effective use of technology in instruction, management, and communication
• Record of success leading and motivating adults (as a director, chair, coach, or administrator) and students
• Knowledge of pedagogy for development of curriculum and assessment that supports student learning
• Demonstrated experience in building partnerships and resources for a school and a willingness to work with various community partners
• Persistent use of data and researched-based focus on student achievement
• Demonstrated equitable leadership practices that impacted instruction, culture, and climate
• Knowledge of all federal and state mandates and regulations (IDEA, 504, Title IX, SRBI, etc.)
• Demonstrated skill in diverse staff recruitment, development, supervision, evaluation, and retention
• Ability to develop the professional capacity and practice of school personnel to promote student achievement
• Outstanding and visible communication skills with the ability to foster strong relationships with all members of the school community (students, teachers, families) and community at large to advance the school’s mission and vision
• Unwavering commitment to high academic achievement, social-emotional, and whole child development of all students
• Experience with multiple approaches to address behaviors and instructional practices that empower students, such as restorative practices, student centered learning, etc.
• Knowledge of financial management and ability to manage school operations and resources to promote each student’s academic success and well-being
• Ability to inspire excellence in others and hold staff accountable for student growth, academic results, performance, and culturally responsive practices
• Three (3) years of successful teaching experience
• One (1) year of successful experience as a building principal
Hartford Public Schools (HPS) is a vibrant and diverse community of educators and scholars. We have 20,000 students who attend close more than 40 distinctive magnet, neighborhood, and schools of choice. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education by focusing on cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, aiming at closing the achievement gap, and readying students for college and the global workforce.
HPS is committed to recruiting a diverse team of talented educators who are committed to developing each student’s individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. We continually seek talented and high-performing teachers for current and future opportunities with the district. Highly qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families and community, and who would like to be considered for current and future opportunities within the district, are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about the district, please visit our website at www.hartfordschools.org.
Please visit our employer showcase!