Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Vadnais Heights, MN United States
|| Human Resources
32213 - Learning & Development Supervisor|
In this role, the Learning & Development Supervisor provides oversight for learning and development across Direct Care & Treatment, with a special focus on the Community Based Services (CBS) division. Community Based Services administers home and community-based services which support people with mental illness and intellectual disabilities.
Learning and development activities are designed to meet facility needs while complying with all applicable law, rule, and accreditation standards for training in assigned program accounts. This includes assuring that staff are trained as needed in a learner-centered, performance-based and convenient manner. A successful Learning & Development Supervisor is well versed in Direct Care & Treatment and Community Based Services learning and development resources and will effectively network inside and outside the agency to ensure the training needs of personnel are met and strategic plan implementation is supported. The Learning & Development Supervisor will accomplish these tasks by using best practices from the learning & development field.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Identifying program specific learning and development needs to design, deliver and evaluate effective learning and development programs and activities
• Serving as the lead contact to foster effective partnerships with Community Based Services in preparing and supporting staff as they carry out the mission, contribute to the vision and infuse the values of the organization in their work with each other and the people they support
• Chairing committees and projects that work to develop, maintain and enhance partnerships with programs and divisions to meet their learning and development needs
• Supervise assigned staff at various locations across Minnesota participating in day-to-day operations including new employee orientation
• Sharing knowledge, resources and expertise with the broader Learning & Development team to develop training plans across Direct Care & Treatment as well as specific to Community Based Services
• Collaborating with program-based instructors to develop training that is high-quality, effective and congruent with adult learning principles
• Ensuring that new employee orientation and refresher/on-going training are conducted as needed to comply with rules, laws, licensing and accreditation requirements as applicable
Qualifications & Requirements
To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Learning Management, Instructional Design, Human Resource Development, Adult Education or related field
• Supervisory, lead worker, or other leadership experience OR completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, etc.)
• 3 years of professional work experience developing, coordinating, and delivering training with responsibility for assessing needs, setting objectives, selecting methodology, designing content, conducting training sessions, and evaluating program effectiveness
• Demonstrated experience in the use of standard business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and the ability to design, implement and modify presentations, documents and correspondence
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Note: Master’s degree in Learning Management, Instructional Design, Human Resource Development, Adult Education or related field may substitute for 2 years of professional experience
• Master's degree in Learning Management, Instructional Design, Adult Education or related field;
• Directing the implementation of operational learning and development plans within a large division that must meet various regulatory oversight requirements.
• Applying budget tracking, planning and management best practices to address resource requirements and needs
• Previous supervisory experience of a dispersed team and union environment
|Contact Name:||Heidi Peura |
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.