Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Tallahassee, FL United States
Publishing Sales Representative-Tallahassee|
W.W. Norton, headquartered in New York City, is seeking Publishing Sales Representatives to meet with professors and instructors to promote our textbooks, media, and other course materials.
• Unique company culture. We’re the kind of place where book nerds thrive. We value our independence and are dedicated to doing things differently than our competitors. We collaborate, innovate, and celebrate with our colleagues, and many of us have called Norton home for our entire career.
• Variety. Because you’re responsible for maintaining relationships and winning textbook and media adoptions at campuses across a large territory, you’ll travel to different campuses every day talking with professors and instructors in a variety of disciplines.
• Intellectual engagement. Finding out about instructors’ course challenges, innovative teaching strategies, and learning objectives means you’re continually discovering new disciplines and reading into textbooks from multiple fields. Norton representatives know what’s great about our books and media because we read and study them in preparation for our campus visits.
• Creativity and strategic thinking. As you work with professors to find the best Norton course materials for their classes, you will think creatively and strategically to find solutions that address the needs of students and instructors and grow your territory’s revenue.
• Career development. Norton values promoting from within, so career development is a company priority. As a Sales Representative, you sharpen your analytical and strategic skills on a daily basis. Managers are dedicated to developing representatives’ strengths, ability to prioritize, and professional goals.
• Mentorship. Besides working closely with a manager who will train, support, and help you develop in this role, Norton offers a mentorship program that pairs you with a more seasoned Norton representative to provide additional support and camaraderie.
• Profit sharing
• 401K matching
• Bonus potential, competitive salary, and healthcare coverage
• Company car, laptop, iPad, and phone
Qualifications & Requirements
• Develop and maintain relationships with academic faculty to assess individual and departmental needs, and promote Norton’s books and media to current and prospective adopters. You’ll be on campus during the school year, meeting with between 10-15 professors every day.
• Track sales opportunities within a territory, collaborating with editors, marketing managers, and specialists to provide solutions for faculty and think creatively about how to win business.
• Work with faculty to promote Norton media and technological solutions to enhance classrooms (traditional and online) and support student learning. You will also spend time helping instructors set up and implement the technology and facilitate student registration.
• Provide exceptional customer service to current and potential adopters.
• Grow revenue and increase adoption rates across your territory.
• From time to time you will host presentations, media and teaching workshops, and book fairs.
• Work with college bookstores to ensure orders are placed and fulfilled smoothly.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Are You a Good Fit?
If you are self-motivated, competitive, enthusiastic, adept at time management, independent, and persuasive, then the answer is yes! Norton representatives love discussing their favorite books, have a wide range of interests, and enjoy continually learning about new subjects. In order to apply, you must have a BA/BS degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2, and a valid driver's license. For some territories, you may be traveling overnight, anywhere from a few nights a month to more extensive travel.
*Use of company car depends on driving record and eligibility. All policies and benefits described are subject to change at any time.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years” in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.