Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||virtual, US United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Director of People Operations (virtual/remote)|
UltraViolet is hiring a full-time Director of People Operations. As the organization pivots to a new strategic and structural direction, spotlighting and deepening cultural organizing in our work, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced human resources and operations professional to support and build a team of dedicated changemakers. Our team is diverse — in identity, geography, background, and skill — and we are looking for a human resources professional passionate and excited about the opportunities and challenges of this role.
Working with the Chief Operating Officer and UltraViolet leadership, the Director of People Operations guides and manages all human resources systems, policies, and programs for the organization, with a focus on creating an inclusive, equitable, and high-performing environment.
The Director of People Operations will be responsible for:
- Overseeing UltraViolet’s personnel policies, benefits, and payroll systems
- Managing full-cycle hiring processes including recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding
- Maintaining responsibility for compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Managing staff performance evaluation systems, professional development plans, and staff improvement plans
- Working directly with staff managers and organizational leadership to guide them on personnel matters
- Managing and executing staff meetings and retreats
- Supervising the Operations Manager and relevant human resources and operations contractors; playing a leadership role in the Operations Department
These are the required skills for this position:
- 5+ years working as a human resources professional, with preference given for nonprofit experience; experience in a virtual office is a plus
- Deep knowledge of human resources regulations and industry trends, and working knowledge of labor law
- Demonstrated experience hiring top-notch staff, and managing onboarding and training processes
- Experience with and commitment to creating an internal organizational culture that is equitable and inclusive
- Proven expertise in managing personnel policies, payroll, and benefits programs
- Experience working with executive leadership on employee relations and personnel issues
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
We’re hoping that you have one or two (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Professional experience in operations roles such as administration, logistics, event planning, office management, etc.
- Experience executing both virtual and in-person staff meetings and retreats
- Experience managing and coordinating internal and external staff training programs
- Experience managing compensation structures and policies
- A background or experience driving organizational development projects and programs
You will thrive in this role if you are someone who:
- Can source, develop, and retain a high-performing team
- Can conceive of, develop, and independently drive programs and projects
- Is a problem-solver and solution-identifier
- Is action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative
- Works effectively and intentionally in collaboration with diverse people
- Is comfortable and confident working in a virtual office environment
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Entirely virtual office
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and a #pets Slack channel that gets surprise presents (sometimes purple cakes!) and knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment!
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
UltraViolet is a national organization that drives feminist cultural and political change. Through people power and strategic advocacy, we work to improve the lives of women and girls of all identities and backgrounds, and all people impacted by sexism, by dismantling the patriarchy and creating a cost for sexism.
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.