Production Tech 1|
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead by example in Safety by following all safe practices. Be in compliant with all safety trainings and expectations.
• Own, update & create LOTO SOP’s for can line equipment.
• Complete operational quality checks for product made from the line to ensure compliance with standards to reduce and eliminate finished product defects.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area to prevent cross contamination to product.
• Comply with all NGMP standards.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of all safety and quality systems and policies. Drive accountability with team members on all standards by daily coaching of standard adherence.
• Strong people skills with a desire to lead.
• Leads team to support Initiative Delivery and drive Operational Excellences
• Create and maintain collaborative relationships within team and cross functionally through effective communication.
• Coach on conflict resolution and know who/when to escalate for additional support.
• Able to lead, facilitate, and take actions in operational reviews such as SHO or DOR.
• Be a champion in pursuing and supporting the TPM journey.
• Support Continuous Improvement effort by proactively review production/maintenance targets to identify opportunities and execute improvements.
• Be an equipment owner following autonomous maintenance methodology on a self-sufficient core production team.
• Operate to standards on production equipment consisting of de-palletizer, filler, seamer, case packers, palletizer, and stretch wrapper.
o Execute clean-inspect-lube-tight standards, centerlines, and changeovers.
o Demonstrates “defect free” mentality by proactively identify and correct defects to prevent unplanned stops and breakdowns.
• Able to execute changeover procedure per standard.
• Document all production data including quality inspections and downtime details on shifty basis.
• Work with team members to ensure the daily production is met.
• Plan, lead and execute preventative maintenance (PM) according to PM schedule to minimize unplanned equipment Asset Intensity (AI) loss.
• Conduct problem solving to identify root cause of issues and execute preventative countermeasures.
• Able to read manufacturing instruction, manuals, and technical schematics.
• Understands operations of all equipments including its normal running parameters, set points, etc.
• Rigorous execution of routine PM work orders including rebuilds.
• Perform mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting to repair equipment breakdown.
• Basic understanding of electrical troubleshooting (fuses, relays, photo eyes, etc.)
Project Support: Start - up team
• Have flexible work schedule to support project schedule changes
• Must be willing and able to travel to attend project related activities.
• Classroom training with equipment vendor will take place intermittently and throughout equipment installation.
• During construction and installation phase, help prepare the work area (locating desks, tools, cleaning supplies) and create training documents in preparation of startup.
• Become an equipment owner for a major machine center. Become the trainer/expert for that machine center to support onboarding of new hires in the future.
• Support developing training plan and standards to transfer knowledge across the team.
• Participate in special project work on equipment upgrades or installations.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Blowmold and injection molding
• Must be able or have forklift certification
Qualifications & Requirements
Key qualifications include:
• High school diploma or GED; additional technical training or certifications desired.
• 3 or more years of previous experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, CANNING/BOTTLING A PLUS
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills; PLC experience desired.
• Preferred skills: forklift driving / certification
• Preferred skills: operating palletizer equipment
• Some experience in water processing activities (RO units, low ozone system, mineral skids, chemical inventories, and micron filters)
• Solid computer skills, including the use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and enterprise management software (SAP).
• Experience with CMMS or ERP systems needed, SAP experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently or with a team and communicate effectively.
• Ability to drive to learn water processing functions
• Solid problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to coach others.
• Willingness and ability to work in a facility with minimal temperature control, exposed to local temperature variations (hot & cold).
• Must be flexible in working hours - Willingness to work holidays, overtime and weekends as we are a 24/7 facility operating through most weekends and holidays.
• Completion of a skills assessment with a satisfactory rating prior to onsite interview.
• Completion of a post offer physical, drug screen and background check with a satisfactory rating is required.
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. Nestle Waters North America offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?