Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Internet/E-Commerce, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Associate Access Specialist-Part Time-Remote|
Provides service to
patients and providers during inbound and outbound phone calls while scheduling
appointments, capturing messages for the clinic staff and providers, and
addressing the needs of the caller with occasional guidance. This involves scheduling patient
appointments, escalating patients’ health concerns in accordance with
individual division guidelines, providing connections to resources for clinical
advice and guidance, navigating complex situations while making sound effective
decisions. Successful completion of appropriate registration and scheduling
system classes is required.
- Answers calls for multiple areas in
efficient and effective manner using standard greetings for opening of
call, content of call and closure of call
- Ensures accuracy in answering questions
and assisting customer with requests to meet their needs
- Captures customer information and
document using messaging system to clinic staff and/or providers
- Schedules appointments in electronic
systems using guidelines for area/department including prioritizing patients’ health
problems according to their urgency, educating/advising patients and
making safe, effective decisions
- Provides information to caller regarding
appointment location, process steps, parking, etc.
- Call Center Telephone Etiquette
(Fundamental Awareness): Able to handle patient
or provider calls and contribute positively to the call center working
environment. Demonstrates good
manners, decorum and appropriate protocols. Avoids and neutralizes
conflicts and handles difficult callers in a positive and professional manner
- Customer Service (Fundamental
Awareness): A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of callers,
anticipating their needs, remaining responsive and sensitive to callers while
performing services requested
- Patient Scheduling (Fundamental
Awareness): The ability to coordinate and schedule patient
appointments, surgeries and other office visits using various computer
systems in the hospital or clinic
- Patient Satisfaction (Fundamental
Participates in patient satisfaction related process improvement
activities as well as providing high quality contact experience with every
call. This position is a primary source for the initial Vanderbilt
experience and has a direct impact on confidence, quality, and patient
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks
that are typically routine which may impact team’s performance with
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies
knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to
your own job
- Team Interaction: Provides
guidance to entry level co-workers
Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development
- Builds and
Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working
styles and develops relationships across areas
Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a
clear and courteous manner
Others with Compassion: Invests time to
understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service
Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises
proper concerns to supervisors in a
Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to
understand the issues and provides
accurate information and support
Ensuring High Quality
excellent work: Checks work quality
before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards
continuous improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge,
technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond
safety and regulatory requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge
of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the
appropriate person or department
Managing Resources Effectively
Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned
activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality
Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal
actions will impact departmental resources
- Makes Data
Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to
consistently achieve results on time and without error
New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that
will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them
Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to
utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action
- Adapts to
Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing
plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or GED
- Minimum Experience: 1 Year(s)
Education/Experience Notes: None
- Licensure/Certification: None
Licensure/Certification Notes: None Specified
This role requires a minimum home internet speed
to access all necessary systems. You will be asked to provide proof of your
internet speed as part of the employment pre-screening process. In order to run
a speed test on your home internet, go to https://speed.measurementlab.net
and run the speed test from a computer connected directly to your wall
data outlet. A wireless connection is not adequate for this role.
Please be prepared to provide your upload and download speeds. '
Qualifications & Requirements
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Additional Qualification Information:
- Successful completion of appropriate registration and scheduling system classes is required.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Please visit our employer showcase!