Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jacksonville, IL; Waverly, Iowa, Morton, IL, IL United States
|| Engineering, Science, Environmental
Regional Environmental Specialist - Manufacturing|
Do you like rare challenges and experiences? Do you enjoy traveling and working strategically with multiple sites? Are you ready to join a diverse and dynamic team? If so, this opportunity is for you! As the Regional Environmental Specialist at Nestlé USA, your primary objective is to ensure all sites within your scope of responsibility are operating within all of the environmental regulations. You will be an authority for environmental sustainability and compliance expertise, and responsible for the coordination and leadership of environmental programs and policies. You will work to improve the environmental aspects of site operations by developing a culture where the environment is ingrained as a core value, achieving best-in-class performance in support of compliant, highly efficient, and low cost operations.
This position may be based out of the following factory locations: Jacksonville, IL, Waverly, IA, or Morton, IL.
• You will develop environmental policies, programs, and procedures for site-wide use and facilitate the exchange of environmental related information among the Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) committee, department, and Pillar with plant management.
• You will research and maintain working knowledge of necessary environmental rules and regulations and the impact they have on the sites you support. You will also identify strategic partnerships and maintain contracts with key environmental vendors including transportation, recycling, disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste and environmental consulting as necessary.
• You will provide and coordinate training on all pertinent environmental related topics to the entire plant population.
• You will maintain the established Environmental Management System (NEMS, ISO 14001) and ensure all environmental compliance requirements are being met for applicable permits. You will also function as a liaison with governmental inspectors, agencies, and regulators in the event of inspection, and complete all annual government environmental reports in a timely manner and submit to proper agencies.
Capability Building and Compliance
• You will submit routine air, waste and wastewater reports
• You will handle hazardous material inventory from cradle to grave and maintain hazardous material management plan.
• You will complete hazardous waste manifests, as necessary
• You will lead material recycling and waste stream programs
• You will handle and ensure accurate and timely EPCRA and SARA reporting and maintain chemical inventories, and chemical approval processes
• You will develop and maintain environmental processes, audit routines, and environmental related records.
• You will partner with the site engineering group to co-own PSM / RMP and ensure compliance.
• You will maintain knowledge of Company Policy, laws, regulations including Federal and State environmental requirements and FAA/DOT hazardous material requirements
• You will be responsible for storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention and countermeasures control, and the NPDES programs to include written plans and submission and plant training
Qualifications & Requirements
Education: B. S. Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related Engineering or Scientific education.
Travel Required: 30% - 60%, depending on region
• 0-5 years recent experience working with environmental issues
• Experience with waste water plant management is a plus
• Experience also in self-managed work systems, understanding of production management, cost, quality, and personnel
Foods people love, brands people trust, and a career that feeds your future. At Nestlé USA, we provide high-quality products that are critical to living well. As individuals and teams, we accept strong leadership, make significant contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and help us deliver satisfying foods that consumers around the world enjoy throughout every phase of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.