Field Service Maintenance Technician|
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our manufacturing backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful – not least is you’ll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We’ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you’ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits – everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Traveling Asset Care Technician to be based out of a PET/Retail Factory and report to the Reliability Group Manager.
The primary responsibility will be hands on maintenance execution to include major rebuilds and overhauls of packaging equipment. Provide technical guidance for improvements in equipment reliability and factory competency gap closure in assigned area. This focus will help to support the Market in achieving their business objectives by ensuring safety of our people, achieving right costs, right quality and delivery of product to plan.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Responsible for supporting the hands on execution of a Reliability Centered Maintenance Program at the Market Level for all Packaging equipment in area(s) of focus.
- Support the design and optimization of Asset Care Plans to ensure machine reliability targets are met.
- Provide shop floor feed back to the Market Maintenance Planner and Asset Reliability Engineers to support maintenance plan execution, breakdown analysis, major overhauls and troubleshooting line down situations.
- Assist in the completion of Pre and Post-Mortems on all major maintenance events for areas of focus.
- Provide shop floor feedback on Annual Zero Based Maintenance budgeting process for area of focus with guidance on job management and execution timeline.
- Assist in providing information for the continuous improvement of the Engineering Academy data base of training material. This will include but is not limited to SOP's, VWI's, OPL's, Instructional Videos etc. for all Maintenance, Safety and Environmental related activities.
- Provide feedback on the Continuous Improvement of existing machine Asset Care Plans with real time shop floor experience, to help with the reduction of Safety & Quality Risks, Energy, Scrap and to Improve Machine Reliability.
- Responsible to support Factory Escalations both proactively and reactively to ensure Development of Self and Associates through Coaching, Training and Feedback.
- Travel of up to 75% will be required to achieve desired level of Factory Support and Successful closure of activities and escalations.
Key qualifications include:
- Requirements and qualifications for this position include a Certificate(s) in Industrial Maintenance or equivalent work experience on high speed packaging equipment (preferred – Sidel, Krones, Sacmi, Kister, Douglas, Alvey)
- Maintenance Mechanic in a high speed Food & Beverage factory: Successful experience performing major machine tear downs, overhauls, troubleshooting mechanical and electrical as well as process failures both onsite and remote.
- Cross Functional hands on mechanical and process exposure across multiple machine centers.
- Proven track record in delivering results by working with cross-functional teams.
- Able to provide troubleshooting and coaching to develop technical competencies using machine manuals, electrical/mechanical drawings
- NFPA ARC Flash certified
- Basic knowledge to use Microsoft Suite (Windows 10) for communicating.
- Knowledge and exposure to RCM, TPM, BDA and various other problem solving methodologies.
- Self-Starter and is able to manage time to achieve results with minimal oversite or leadership
- Able to effectively communicate and follow up through Phone – Text – E-mail
- Ability to assist factories in troubleshooting during and after hours via SKYPE – Phone - Text
- Must have a Flexible travel schedule and must be able to work up to 3 weeks at a time away from home
- Curious, Confident, Humble, Respectful, Approachable, Service Driven
- Proven history of good data based decision making and ability to provide feedback based on data
- Good working knowledge and understanding of AMM system
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?