Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology
BIM/Revit Coordinator (MEP Infrastructure)|
For multiple large enterprise data center projects, support project-designated architectural, MEP infrastructure engineering and data center operations teams as the BIM coordinator.
Carrying out and coordinating technology related activities associated with the use of BIM
Works with client's consulting A/E consultants and other experienced BIM designers in producing BIM drawing using Revit
Responsible for providing BIM production support for project teams; including BIM documentation, BIM project kick-off meetings, project model setup, clash detection setup, and client deliverable coordination
Monitors Project Delivery to ensure compliance with the agreed upon strategy, standards and work processes
Responsible for maintaining and developing standardization processes and documenting best practices
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Overall responsibility for construction BIM model creation and information developed during construction of client's data center facilities globally.
- Coordinates software training with others as necessary, and establishes protocol software for client team members for efficient delivery of project
- Acts as the main point of contact for assigned BIM and related issues between the general contractor, subcontractors, , the Design Team, and others as required
- Provides specifications for General Contractor's BIM project assignments .
- Coordinates construction sequencing and scheduling activities, and assures they are integrated with others.
- Facilitates use of composite trade models in construction coordination/clash detection meetings and provides detection reports by the identification and resolution of all hard and soft collisions
- Communicates with the client's design team, coordinates the data extraction sets required by the construction trades and ensures that these requests are met
- Coordinates with the Design Team to facilitate design changes in the field have been documented and are updated in the BIM in a timely manner
- Prior to approval and installation, works with others to integrate 3D fabrication models with the updated design model to ensure compliance with design intent
- Coordinates update of as-constructed conditions and may create final as-built drawings
- Coordinates with client's design team and commissioning agents at project conclusion.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associate's Degree (AA/AS) or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Engineering or related degree preferred Minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience and/or training.
Proficiency in BIM processes and parametric design software (Autodesk Revit) is absolutely required
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Autodesk Revit software in a professional setting required
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Autodesk Navisworks software required
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Design and Production environment required
Proficiency with editing software (Bluebeam) and visualization software (Adobe Suite and Rendering plug-ins such as Enscape)
Understand project workflows from preliminary design through construction documentation and administration.
Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner
Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
Ability to work independently, and to manage multiple tasks and projects under constant deadline
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Autodesk Certified Professional preferred
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of project databases. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.