Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Computers, Software, Education, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Quality Control, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Health Policy Services Analyst II - Neuro-Cognitive (Alzheimer's Research)|
The Vanderbilt Memory & Alzheimer's Center is accepting
applications for a Health Policy/Services Analyst II to commence immediately.
This position will assist with daily research activities, focusing on data
management and analysis, scientific/technical writing, and staff coordination
for a NIH clinical research portfolio for a Center faculty member.
The position emphasizes clinical (human subjects) research
focused on investigating early symptoms of risk factors for abnormal cognitive
aging, including mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease. Research
outcomes are focused on neuroimaging, neuropsychological, and other biomarkers
of disease. Day to day activities include scientific/technical writing,
supporting and preparing manuscript and grant submissions; preparing scientific
presentations; managing end-to-end biostatistical analysis pipelines; serving
as a resource to faculty, staff, and trainees, including training team members
on data collection, management and analysis best practices, and multimodal
(i.e., abstracts, posters, talks, and full manuscripts) research dissemination.
The position provides an excellent opportunity to refine
one’s data management, data analytic, scientific writing, and clinical research
Qualifications & Requirements
- Uses quantitative and qualitative research methods skills to
participate in the design, coordination and conduct of research projects
- Fosters collaboration between team members, both internal
and external to the department
- Coordinates focus groups or participates in other
qualitative data collection, as necessary
- Proposes, summarizes and interprets complex analyses
- Uses advanced programming and statistical expertise to
manage and analyze data
- Coordinates development of datasets, data cleaning, data
quality assurance, and data reporting
- Responsible for sourcing (internally or externally) and
managing large and/or complex datasets
- Maintains detailed documentation of data management and
programming codes and pipelines
- Seeks out opportunities to streamline and/or automate
- Prepares materials and drafts sections of presentations and
written documents for internal and external use
- Drafts section of research proposals
- Creates charts, graphs, and tables to summarize analysis
- Contributes to peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts
- Develops and maintains relevant domain knowledge and
expertise in clinical and statistical best practices
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Please visit our employer showcase!