Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||UC Santa Cruz
||Santa Cruz, CA United States
Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Health & Wellness/Executive Director, Student Health Services |
UC Santa Cruz
Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Health & Wellness/Executive Director, Student Health Services
Under the general direction of the Vice Provost for Student Success, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Health & Wellness/Executive Director, Student Health Services provides leadership for a portfolio of departments and services. The AVCSHW/EDSHS provides senior strategic leadership in the design, development, implementation, coordination, assessment, and continuous improvement of health-related programs and services for students. The AVCSHW/EDSHS leads the collaborative efforts of the medical services, mental health services, administrative services, ancillary services, and Student Health Outreach & Promotion to improve the health status of students, provide effective healthcare services, and support students' learning and achievement. The position is responsible for providing campus health leadership on known and emerging issues relevant to the health, safety, and well-being of students and serves as the Santa Cruz campus HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Privacy Officer. The position establishes and maintains student health and health care policy for the University and is responsible for setting health-related priorities and allocating resources for student health programs and services in accordance with the mission and goals of the Division of Student Success and the academic mission of the University. As a condition of the position, the AVCSHW/EDSHS serves on the Executive Oversight Board of the University of California Student Health Insurance Plan. As designated by the UC Regents in January 2012, there is a direct reporting relationship between the AVCSHW/EDSHS and the Senior Vice President of Health Sciences and Service at the UC Office of the President regarding operational oversight of Student Health and Counseling Services. The AVCSHW/EDSHS is also responsible for the leadership, development, implementation, assessment, and continuous support of confidential advocacy services that are available to students, faculty and staff.
The AVCSHW/EDSHS oversees Student Health Services. This includes a primary care clinic, same day clinic, counseling, psychiatry, high complexity laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, optometry and billing and insurance. The program also includes the student health education, outreach program and the confidential advocacy support for survivors of sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualifications / Competencies
• At least five years progressively responsible administrative and supervisory experience as a licensed clinician in a health care setting in a senior leadership position.
• Minimum of seven years experience as a licensed health care professional (for physician candidates, experience must be post residency).
• Advanced knowledge of health care administration and systems.
• In-depth understanding of policy issues related to higher education health care programs.
• Advanced knowledge of business process re-engineering, organizational planning and communications.
• Highly experienced with demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practice of supervision and management in a union environment.
• Knowledge of strategic funding of health care programs and operations, public relations, marketing and fundraising.
• Highly experienced and skilled at planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating activities appropriate to the advancement of organizational goals.
• Skilled at managing workforce diversity issues.
• Computer literate.
• Broad knowledge of health care, mental health services, clinical preventive services, prevention, and community-based and/or public health services.
• Knowledge of quality assessment and improvement procedures and best practices in health care management, patient care, and prevention programs.
• Exceptional analytical and strategic management skills.
• Proven ability to develop, implement, and direct policies, procedures, and strategic planning activities.
• Excellent interpersonal, cultural competency and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to follow, model and maintain appropriate conduct that adheres to the UCSC Principles of Community.
• Experience supervising, developing and motivating professional staff with an ability to conduct performance management when necessary.
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies
• A doctorate degree in health care administration, public administration, health systems management, medicine, clinical or counseling psychology, nursing, or other related field.
• Direct experience in college health or in a related area of clinical practice and administration. Additional college health or public health training, experience in clinical preventive services, and a campus or community health background is preferred.
• At least 10 years significant, progressive health care administrative experience including: the design, development, and direction of interdisciplinary health-related programs and services and responsibility for fiscal management, budget development, and human resources.
• Minimum of ten years experience as a licensed health care professional.
UC Santa Cruz|