Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a Library Assistant to join the Library team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing general circulation information and service to students, faculty, and staff. You will process new library acquisitions and perform tasks using an automated circulation system.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Some college courses preferred.
- Library experience and knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Previous experience using computers and related software i.e. database, data entry, mainframe experience.
- Customer service experience and ability to work with and without supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with library patrons – students, staff, and faculty
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32825 - East Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Salary: $26,244 per year
Availability Requirements: Monday – Friday 830 am – 5 pm (Hours subject to change based on business needs
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 7 pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.