Learning & Development Manager|
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
Qualifications & Requirements
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA has opened its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Nestlé USA is seeking an experienced Management Learning professional to join our U.S. training and development team. This position will develop training, development and performance improvement solutions for managers and employees throughout the organization. This position will work closely with global headquarters and NUSA learning council to continuously identify and help implement industry-leading practices. This role will partner with business leaders, HR generalists and other training and development professionals to analyze needs, then design, develop, implement and evaluate both instructional and non-instruction performance solutions. Position will deliver training programs and design certification programs to enable others to deliver programs.
Design Corporate Learning & Development Solutions
• Partner with key stakeholder groups to design, prioritize and deliver L&D solutions including competency model creation, assessments, matrices, etc.
• Design, build & maintain HR learning & development solutions including: core learning materials / curriculum, identification of 70-20-10 activities and delivery of L&D activities
• Facilitate workshops and/or focus groups to design L&D activities and related content
• Partner with managers, HR Business Partners and senior leaders throughout the Company to assess and analyze learning needs based on performance, talent planning and assessment data.
• Participate in leadership discussions / decisions related to competency identification and solutions to close proficiency gaps, including talent assessments and talent development of HR resources.
• Partner with HR generalists to identify & deliver L&D solutions for high potential employees
• Participate in leadership meetings when “people development” topics are identified/discussed
• Communicate directly with HR organization regarding all L&D activities
• Lead all aspects of the organization and management of HR special projects related to talent development
Program Management, Delivery & Execution
• Build and maintain annual strategy to develop, execute and maintain HR L&D activities
• Develop and deliver courses in a variety of formats, including: classroom and other blended learning platforms including Adobe Connect.
• Partner with Corporate L&D & Learning Council team to ensure course curriculum is available on-line and incorporated into the LMS tracking systems
• Design or collaborate with instructional designers (internal or external) to design course content.
• Partner with Functional and Corporate L&D teams to identify and align learning solutions with common needs.
• Assess and audit the efficiency of all learning and development initiatives against predefined metrics.
• Lead learning projects on time and within budget.
• Partner with HR Business Partners to assist in the development of learning plans
• Provide facilitation and advising to HR Business Partners and COE’s as needed.
• Stay ahead of market information/best practices relating to adult learning methodologies, association matters, member issues, technology advancements, etc.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
• BS/BA in Business Administration, Human Resources, training and development, organization development, or a related field required.
• MS/MA/MBA is preferred.
• Position requires 25 to 50% travel.
• 5 – 7 years in training and organizational development with emphasis on management development, working across all organization levels.
• Outstanding platform, facilitation and course design skills utilizing Instructional System Design process.
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to successfully deploy and implement large-scale projects.
• Ability to work independently and lead cross functional teams
• Strong organizational and/or project management skills required
• Effective verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex concepts in business terms.
• Ability to work well on cross functional project teams while executing a large-scale project from vision through implementation
• Demonstrates ability to translate complex concepts into simple process flows
• Proven strategic and innovative thinking skills
• Ability to conceptualize creative solutions, document them, and present/sell them to senior management
• Proven knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., listening, counseling and coaching, negotiation skills)
• Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office Suite
• Candidate has strength in the areas of speed, agility, collaboration and courage.