HR Generalist (Talent Acceleration Program)|
Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale.
Let's challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win — and we’ll do it the right way.
If you're ready to take the next step toward advancing your career, discover how Nestlé is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
The Talent Acceleration Program’s (TAP) Mission is to build a pipeline of high performing Human Resources Business Partners with the capacity to transform into a future people leader in the HR function. During the course of this 18-24-month program, you may experience 3-5 rotations, providing exposure to both corporate headquarters and field-based environments. TAP program participants will have the opportunity to apply HR skills to solve business problems and make a vital impact on the business through HRBP assignments and/or functional project assignments. You will have a significant amount of exposure to the HR function and will be armed with a dynamic support system, including an HR mentor.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Communicating with employees regarding policies and procedures while providing counsel to associates to maintain a productive and positive work environment essentially serving as that critical liaison between associates and management.
• Ensuring all associates and managers are properly trained to use tools and resources for effective performance and development evaluations (TPMS) while providing counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement processes.
• Assisting leaders and managers with performance management issues, compensation, retention strategies and employee development.
• Partnering in your organization’s recruitment efforts and new hire processes including the coordination of position openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interviewing candidates, reviewing job offers, writing announcements, and being that liaison with the hiring manager and the Talent Management teams.
• Participating in various projects such as annual merit processes, annual bonus plan administration, advising on hiring decisions, doing analysis of workforce management quarterly HR data and reporting, along with strategic and tactical project delivery.
• Developing strong collaborative relationships with all members of the HR department and team members with whom we have strong working relationships, such as HR Business Partners, HR Operations and other key contacts.
• Compliance and Investigations: Observing all EEO compliance and Affirmative Action programs including drafting annual AAP, reviewing all practices related to hiring, training, transfers or promotions.
• Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters, in addition to providing direction in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Requirements, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management related educational experience preferred.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, benefit programs, and recruitment processes
• Minimum 2 years of HR experience.
• Demonstrated employee management/relations/communications experience dealing with difficult employee issues while ensuring that company policies are followed fairly and consistently
• Relocation required every 3-6 months
• Travel requirement 10% or more
• Systems: Microsoft Office; HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
• Ability to deal effectively with employees / management, requiring high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and to collect accurate information to resolve conflicts or issues.
• Ability to work closely with management and leadership teams.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Ability to read, listen and communicate verbally and in writing to effectively impact the organization
• Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Must have a sound sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet deadlines.
• Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a changing environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.