Bakery Lead - 329|
Backup the department manager and oversee the department successfully in the managerâs absence, mastering the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPâs) including merchandising, order guides, scheduling, contribution to profit, people development and customer service. Demonstrate the companyâs core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Welcome, serve and assist customers to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient utilization of labor.
- Operate equipment (e.g., knives, box cutter and pricing gun) according to company guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assure storage and code dating SOPs are adhered to for all products.
- Ensure all price changes and in-store transfers occur in a timely fashion in the department managerâs absence.
- Ensure the removal and disposal of un-sellable product from the department.
- Follow all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage, and product packaging.
- Monitor the temperature and placement of products in coolers and freezers to maintain freshness of products.
- Oversee product portion control to ensure SOPs are met.
- Ensure all receiving procedures are adhered to appropriately in the department managerâs absence.
- Proof, bake, glaze, top, and thaw product in accordance with SOPs.
- Perform stocking duties, ensuring correct placement of stock and refilling of product.
- Follow all company and department policies and SOPs.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Maintain ability to work all shifts and flexibility to relocate to another store location.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking on wet surfaces, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, lifting and carrying objects 5 to 80 lbs. and pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000 lbs. exposure to hot/cold temperatures. Occasionally crawl, climb ladders and walking on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- High school diploma or general education degree, 1+ yearsâ retail experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Strong math skills (e.g., calculate discounts, proportions, percentages)
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (e.g., calculate circumferences, volume)
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers/employees
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest âwe work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. Itâs these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, youâll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.