The Technical Writer will be responsible for researching, developing, writing, and editing a broad range of compelling and high-quality scientific content designed to engage target audiences, including articles and interviews for industry publication, blog articles, white papers, abstracts, webinars, slide decks, technical notes, brochures, posters, and more. The Technical Writer must be able to understand complex scientific information, theories, and practices in addition to possessing strong writing skills. He/she will be responsible for providing primary content as well as editing materials prepared by others, and must be flexible, adaptable, and able to read and research prior scientific publications, as needed, to facilitate content production. Further, the Technical Writer must be organized, methodical, detail-oriented, able to work independently, and capable of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple on-going projects with varying, and sometimes competing, deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the writing and/or editing of high-level communications and web material, often with complex or sensitive subjects
- Collaborate with Global Market Development Managers, Product Marketing Managers, Key Opinion Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and Global Marketing to create technical content that is responsive to industry trends and fully optimized for distribution in digital/traditional channels.
- Update and enhance existing content that can be re-purposed
- Ensure the excellence of our technical content; edit all content for grammar, style, voice, syntax, organization and accuracy; write for other marketing projects, as assigned.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with team members, authors, customers, and editors
- Ensure that all materials meet established corporate, global and country standards as to appearance and content and ensure documents are compliant with applicable government policies, procedures, and regulations
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to optimize SEO (keyword) in content
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to edit complex scientific concepts in an engaging, accessible way; strong sense of narrative and the editorial skill to translate into meaningful stories for our audiences
- 3+ years of experience in a technical writing- and editing- intensive role, including writing for the life sciences industry, or similar training/experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or science preferred with complementary coursework in science (if educational emphasis is in English or Journalism) or in English or journalism (if educational emphasis is in science)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelinesindependently, accurately, creatively, and efficiently. Strong interpersonal skills, process and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of, and interest in, chromatography (HPLC, GC, Sample Prep) and key industries: Pharma/Biopharma, Clinical Research, Cannabis, Food & Beverage, Fuels & Chemicals, and Environmental
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.