Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||NYS Teachers' Retirement System
||Albany, NY United States
|| Administrative and Support Services
Diversity & Inclusion Associate|
This position is responsible for leading and administering NYSTRS Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program by overseeing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive D&I strategy. The position leads and oversees D&I programs and efforts that support NYSTRS activities to attract, retain and promote a diverse and talented workforce and to promote effective engagement of diverse stakeholder communities in support of NYSTRS mission.
Provide leadership to the D&I Program by instilling passion and enthusiasm of D&I initiatives to the workforce; developing collaborative relationships with internal and external partners;
• Collaborates with the HR Department’s Recruitment Division, to create a comprehensive diversity recruitment and retention plan that addresses advertising, networking, recruitment outreach activities, and other techniques for increasing and retaining diverse qualified candidates
• Collaborates with the HR and Budget & Analytics Department’s, on reports to include valid and reliable surveys for ongoing assessment of diversity and inclusion data and initiatives
• Develops and delivers education and training programs on diversity and inclusion, including bias, sensitivity and cultural competency; coordinates these activities in partnership with the Training and Development Specialist
• Lead, develop and implement a multi-year system-wide D&I strategic Master Plan, including obtaining support from the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Executive Management;
• Research industry D&I best practices and recommend solutions to drive greater D&I efforts; conduct a high volume of data analysis and present findings in a concise and easily understandable manner to various audiences
• Develop, facilitate and support activities for NYSTRS inclusion champions (staff, management and executive staff) including professional development opportunities
• Participate in the annual development of the D&I Program budget; monitor all expenditures to ensure budget compliance throughout the year
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in cultural studies, ethnic studies, social services, psychology, organizational development, behavioral sciences business, human resources or related field and a minimum of 2 years experience working in a government, college, or not for profit setting.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration can be substituted for experience.
Minimum of 10 years working for NYSTRS, of which at least 6 years must be at a Grade 18 or above.
• Demonstrated ability to research, identify and collaboratively implement best practices related to diversity, equity, inclusion and the concept of multiculturalism
• Demonstrated cross-cultural competencies, including strong emotional intelligence and the ability to engage and build relationships
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven record of taking initiative/self-starter
• Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and work effectively with others
• Knowledge of principles, methods and tools of Diversity & Inclusion
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• SHRM/HRCI or Diversity certifications is a plus
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
• Administrative and programmatic experience including strategic planning, developing a task force or project team when necessary and experience working within a budget
• Experience developing and delivering presentations for all levels (Board of Directors, management, and staff).
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Suite
NYS Teachers' Retirement System|
NYSTRS is the second-largest public retirement system in the state and one of the 10-largest public pension funds in the nation.