Financial Acctng Cons - SRE Accounting team|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Structured Real Estate includes a variety of lines of business that offer securitization and financing solutions to its clients. The primary products and services supported include commercial real estate loans, agency lending, commercial mortgage servicing, and commercial mortgage-backed securities. The SRE Accounting Team provides transaction support by working closely with the SRE investment bankers and business leaders to understand proposed transactions.
The Financial Accounting Consultant role will perform accounting research and partner with various Accounting Policy functions to provide advice on optimal accounting structuring of transactions and accounting elections to reduce accounting and financial risk while achieving operational goals. Additionally, this role will coordinate with operational accounting centers of excellence, finance, and SEC and Regulatory Reporting to ensure the transaction is properly recorded and recognized in our SEC and Regulatory filings. In the controller oversight role, the SRE Accounting team oversees application of Wells Fargo's accounting policies and internal COSO control framework for both SEC and Regulatory reporting and related systems of record. This role will be actively involved in performing these functions for transactions related to structured lending, reverse repos, seller-financing, and securitizations.
Required location for this position is Charlotte, NC (Ballantyne area). Telecommute is not an option for this role.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.Â If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A Master of Business Administration or designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 2+ years of financial services experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: SEC reporting, technical accounting or accounting policy
- Big four public accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: in the capital markets industry
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with sales accounting, consolidation accounting, derivative accounting, or goodwill
- Prior experience with Capital Markets systems and respective Operations teams (e.g. Realm, Strategy, etc.)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.