Information Security Engineer 4|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Information Security's (IS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, IS protects Wells Fargo's infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws.Â IS is part of Wells Fargo's Technology organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.Â
Our IS team is looking for a strong cyber security professional to join our Threat Disruptions team.Â The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in incident response, threat detection, phishing, and cybercrime.Â The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting research and identifying methods to detect emerging cyber threats, attack methods, and evolving Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) with an emphasis on phishing and/or cybercrime.Â The candidate should have some experience with data analytic techniques, including machine learning, statistics and data mining to solve core business challenges.Â Additionally, the candidate should have a solid understanding of in endpoint/network defenses and security incident response.Â Regular collaboration with multiple teams such as the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, Security Content Development, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Threat Forensics, and Offensive Security teams will be critical to success.Â Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired, in order to ensure thorough and accurate reporting during and concluding a security incident.Â The candidate will also play a major role in our phishing disruption efforts, including creation of new logic and procedures to identify phishing attacks impacting Wells Fargo customers and employees.
- 5+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- Advanced Information Security technical skills
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of information security experience including experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: information security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, host/network forensics, cyber-crime investigation, penetration testing, business continuity, or cyber threat intelligence
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products
- Experience overseeing development of counter-measure strategies and tactics to offset emerging and evolving external threats from malware/viruses, phishing, pharming and other social engineering schemes
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crimes investigation
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience managing cybercrime detection, investigation, and intelligence strategies
- Hands-on experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, email/web security gateways, and other security detection/mitigation devices
- Experience with host and/or network log analysis as applied to incident response / threat hunting
- Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
- Strong experience in operating system and application security hardening and best practices
- Strong ability to identify anomalous behavior on endpoint devices and/or network communications
- Strong investigative mindset with an attention to detail
- Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Network Forensics Analyst (GNFA), Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE/etc), or other relevant certifications.
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
MA-Boston: 125 High Street - Boston, MA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.