Apps Systems Engineer 6|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Capital Markets Data Services Technology team is seeking an Application Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building complex applications in End of Day Pricing area. Serve as a senior hands on developer, working with various clients of different business lines, understanding business requirements and implement solutions that would meet the functional and performance requirements. This person will also conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes, and recommend solutions and process improvements.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Analyzing user needs, determining requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain software solutions to meet business requirements
- Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications
- Create and maintain process documentation for programs
- Assure quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications
- Conduct clients/user training as required
- Lead Projects
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of experience with Java Message Service (JMS) tools such as WebSphere MQ or Solace
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- 7+ years of UNIX experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 7+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 7+ years of Configuration Management Tools experience
- 5+ years of capital markets experience
- 5+ years of architectural design and planning experience
- 1+ years of DevOps experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in engineering
- Compliance and regulatory systems experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.