Governance Oversight Consultant/Business Support Consultant 4|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
The Data Transformation and Marketing group within Wells Fargo's Enterprise Data Technology (EDT) team is seeking a consultant for the newly formed Technology Assessment & Advisory Services (TAAS) team.
The Governance, Oversight & Consulting consultant position will be responsible for working cross-functionally to strategize, develop, plan and further build out the Controls Assurance capability in support of EDT's data risk compliance, controls, remediation and governance functions and participate in the development of the future state program.Â This includes enhancing and implementing the vision, defining the strategy and roadmap, as well as the planning and process efforts that will enable EDT to move to a common audit and reconciliation framework.Â
Other Responsibilities include assisting and/or leading to:
- Establish a tool governance program
- Implement TAAS governance program
- Design, Implement & manage the Intake Process (e.g., Operational Risk engagements)
- Consult on technology projects to ensure adherence to policy and requirements
- Policy management: policy review board, update monitoring, communications, training
Consults with management and business partners on matters of significance regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, and business performance improvement opportunities for the large business functions or functions that may cross the enterprise that have significant complexity, scope and financial impact. Such consultation includes discussion of alternatives and implications. Presents to executive management on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements. Utilizes thorough knowledge of the LOB's or enterprise to support and drive strategic initiatives for the business. Establishes priorities and drives accountability for assigned initiatives, assisting to ensure solutions are designed, integrated and controlled to improve effectiveness, limit risk exposure and create efficiencies as appropriate. Functions supported may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, business continuity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management (example: may include negotiation of SLA and QA program across multiple LOBs), communications, financial control/budgeting oversight (example: monitoring business expenses). May work with key internal and/or external partners, possibly including agency representatives, regulators and auditors, to distill complex concepts into pragmatic and simplified/targeted solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning demonstrated through work or military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years IT governance experience (e.g., auditing, managing, design/build)
- 2+ years managing intake request processes
- 2+ years working with senior leaders, all lines of defense, external audit and regulators
- 2+ years consulting experience (e.g., technology and/or audit)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience creating reports in response to management, audit, or regulatory requirements
- Experience developing well-defined plans for problem resolution from preliminary or ambiguous information
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Knowledge and understanding of technology risks related to business risks
- Ability to support many high priority, high complexity, and high risk efforts simultaneously
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Ability to read correspondence accurately and be able to provide a written response
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Experience articulating issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology and governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Ability to initiate action, make difficult decisions, and generate creative solutions
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2800 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.